I have the 10.2 beta

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, May 14, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    O.k well the reason I haven't been posting is because I have been playin with the OSX.2 beta....which was kinda cool
    but its only version 6b11 not the WWDC version so no ichat no QT6....which sucks
    But I have noticed that even for a really early beta its incredibly fast even on my iMac g3 400mhz 320ram..... things like resizing is very speedy and startup is very quick.
    Spring loaded folder is very nice as well and there are a few tweaks to the interface that I have noticed like when moving folders or files they slide into place when you have snap to grid on, it 10.1 they don't do anything.
    And last of all text rendering seems to be in al of the app even carbon ones.

So that my view on the very early beta of 10.2,I am hoping to get the WWDC version soon for testing :D
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    good job on getting a 10.2 beta! i've seen a few pics of Jaguar and i reall like what i see.:)
  3. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    I have a friend who has a copy of the X.2 WWDC Beta (he went) he is going to give me a copy when he gets back from the states!

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    Good job on getting 10.2, you hotline pro, you! :D

Shame it's not the WWDC version, I'd love to play with that one. But I guess hotliners can't be choosers ;)

Tell me, does it have the spinning CD, or the Aqua drop? I still haven't seen this aqua drop thing people are talking about...
  5. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    it has the crappy disc
    like I said its a really early beta
    It was the beta than come out 2 months after 10.1 was released
    so that was november/december
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

How big is it? In mb? I would love to get a copy of it!
  7. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

Apr 14, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Re: I have the 10.2 beta

Believe it or not, I was actually thinking where abouts you were a few hours ago...and I was actually going to ask if you had been around...:p
  8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    So my question to all of you, why do you want to have 10.2 beta on your machine? Can you do any work with it? Does it make your system run better?

I can't do the upgrade, since a lot of my work is with QT and FCP, until those are supported fully, I'm stuck in 10.1.4 and 9.2.2
  9. Zenith macrumors 6502

May 18, 2001
    It's not 10.2 beta. It's not even alpha! And I'm talking about the version that Apple released to developers at the WWDC. I have it installed on a second partition just to try it out, and I can do almost everything with it. Playing Q3, working with Photoshop and Cinema, surfing the web, and so on. It's really stable to be at an early development stage. But right now I'm using 10.1.4, because I don't like to use a preview-version OS as my primary OS.