I have three errors that wont go away!--HELP! (PLEASE)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jonah153, Apr 10, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I am pretty new to developing but I do know a thing or two...but there is a problem. I downloaded the iphone sdk and started using xcode. I open a blank project (window based application) and as soon as I open it I press "Build and Go" I HAVE THREE ERRORS!!!

1. Unable to create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo

2. error: couldn't create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo: Permission denied

3. /Users/Jonah/Desktop/untitled/untitled_Prefix.pch:1: fatal error: can't create precompiled header /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo/untitled_Prefix.pch.gch: Permission denied

THE weirdest part is that when I go to untitled_Prefix.pch and get info and click "make file localizable" the third error goes away. Thank you so much to anyone that can help!

2. macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It sounds like it could be a bad install of the sdk. Have you tried reinstalling it?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I had the dmg file saved and tried reinstalling that way but it did the same thing. Should I download it again?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Please someone help!

Ok, I tried re-downloading and re-installing xcode and everything on the iphone sdk and STILL don't know whats wrong! Please help me!

5. macrumors 6502

mccannmarc

If that doesn't work try downloading Onyx and do a repair permissions on disk

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

how to use onyx?

how do i do that? I have onyx but I dont know what to do on it...please help! thanks so much

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

i did the onyx thing and it didn't work. same thee errors. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

BUT....here is what onyx told me after i did the maitnence...

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD
    User differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, user is 502
    Group differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, group is 20
    Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r-----
    ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library/Preferences"
    ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library"
    ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root"
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
    Permissions differ on "Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls/ALRHelperJobs", should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/flashplayer.xpt", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Info.plist", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/Flash Player.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "private/var/spool/cups/cache/rss", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are drwxrwxr-x
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_CN.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
    ACL found but not expected on "Applications"
    ACL found but not expected on "Library"
    Permissions differ on ".", should be drwxrwxr-t , they are drwxrwxrwx

Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD

8. macrumors 6502a

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed!

Just in case anyone is wondering...I found a solution to the problem. I looked at the errors and they all had to do with some folder in var/folders/.....etc...well anyways, i showed all hidden files on my computer, went to that folder that it was talking about and set it so everyone on the computer has permission to read&write. then i clicked "build and go" and everything was GREAT!!!! thanks for anyone that helped....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):p:eek::apple: