I have to take a leave for a while.

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacBandit, Feb 26, 2004.

1. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

As a few of you know I have been made a great temporary job offer helping head up a project with BMW of North America. I'm a BMW Motorcycle technician and Service Manager by trade. Unfortunately this job will require me to put in some long ours and endless weeks for up to two months. It will also take me away from my home during that time. I would try to keep in contact with you guys via my wife's laptop but unfortunately it couldn't quite meet the match when faced with firewire 400 and target disk mode a few days ago in an attempt to back it up and transfer files for the trip. So Apple has it now.

I'm suppose to be home for a long weekend in a few weeks and may very well pick up the laptop at that time depending on the amount of free time I find I have between work.

It's not all bad news though as I have been unemployed for about a year now and have ran out of unemployment income and this job came around at the exact right time to continue income and a good one at that. Shortly after I return I will be starting work as Service Manager at a new dealership I have been helping get started over the last year. So all in all even after I return you probably will not be seeing me as much as now.

I don't have an official date for when I'm leaving but it's any day now and i figured I'd write this before it was too late. So good luck to all of you and I hope you all continue to have a good time.

Later guys.

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

See you man. Keep in touch if possible.

GREAT job by the way. Really looks like someone likes you in that company.

3. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yeah I have a friend or two and will most likely be making many more. Should be a real boon for me and the new shop opening in my area.

I'll keep in touch if possible. Otherwise see you in a couple months.

4. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Congrat for the new job ! Are you seperated from your wife though or is she joining you ?

Cheers

5. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Congrats MacBandit! It sucks being away from home for work, but you do what you have to do. Good luck! (And keep looking up. ;))

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Re: I have to take a leave for a while.

Isn't it nice when things work out like that? Congratulations. Hope the job is everything you want it to be, and more.

7. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yeah I will be separated from the wife.:( BMW is suppose to fly me home every 2 or 3 weeks for a long weekend because I am married.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I look forward to your "I'm back!" post. Trading no job for no wife and no Mac (at least at first) willl be tough.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on the new job MacBandit. I think that BMW is very fortunate to have you on their team. Have no doubt about a successful career ahead. The separation from the wife is too bad. I hope that you aren't a newlywed? Will you be using any Mac's?

11. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

wdlove

We've been married since the end of July but we've been a couple for 8 1/2 years. Unfortunately no we will not be using any computers let alone Macs. I'll just be a motorcycle tech. no computer required not even a diagnostic one for this job.

Looks like things are still in limbo and I have a few more days. Start time is next week sometime now.

12. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Good luck and have a great time!

BTW, my dad has an old blue BMW from 1975. Still is in great condition and runs well too.

13. neut macrumors 68000

neut

congratulations MacBandit

income can be a good thing; don't work too hard. be sure to show some love to the mac before you go... and your wife. ;)

peace.

14. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yeah definitely doing both. My good old B/W Apple Studio 17 CRT was dying and getting serious. So since I was going to take my wife's Powerbook with me prior to it dying I bought a new Lacie electron blue IV 19" to replace the monitor. So I took care of the computer and her on the front. On a personal front we're spending a lot of time together both her and the computer.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Happy for your job sad for your 17 crt, I have one hope it doesnt go out but it gets used everyday.. I love those Mini's by Bmw they are just to cool. maybe one day ill get rid of my mgb and get one. anyways good luck and if you have to work with cars BMWs are pretty cool to be around.:)

16. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

The 17 was definitely dying. Possibly a bad transformer. I took it to a local place that recycles Macs and repairs them if possible for donation to places that need computers.

17. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well this is it people. I'm leaving Tuesday morning bright and early. As it turns out my Powerbook is back and is going with me and I will have Sundays off so I might find time to keep in contact after all, at least in a limited way.

18. Opteron macrumors 6502

Have fun. DOn't work too hard:p

19. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Good luck to you! :)

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Glad to see u picked up the work man. It's not fun to sit around without money coming in. ;)

Good luck on the job. Try to make it back to say hello if u can. :)

21. neut macrumors 68000

neut

good luck to both you and your macs. good luck with the job, but take advantage of those 'long weekends' with your wife. ;)

peace.

22. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Good luck. Have fun. Make new friends. :)

Lethal

23. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

you can leave, thats fine, but i want some videos of you doing some donuts and driving the hell out of the m's, thats all i ask.

iJon

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you success MacBandit, have great confidence your your abilities. Will look forward to your future updates.

25. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

Good Luck! I'll be thinking about you so that I can go to sleep every night, as I usually do.