I have two "Libraries" normal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WillMak, Oct 31, 2006.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    I was looking for my quicktime folder in my libraries but couldn't find it. So I typed it into my spotlight and it revealed that I have TWO libraries (the quicktime folder was in the other one)! Is this normal? Cause I have no idea aboput how to access the other library without spotlight.
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    You should have at least three "Library" folders. One is inside the System folder and supports system-level stuff that you as a day-to-day user don't normally need to deal with. Another one is in the top level, directly under the hard drive. This supports things that are common to all users, like support for applications. The third one is in your user folder, and this supports things that are unique to you as a user, like preferences and settings.

Edit: Those are just the main ones...Spotlight actually pulls up eleven separate folders named either "Library" or "library" on my system. You can always control-click or right click on a Spotlight result and choose "Reveal in Finder" to figure out where the file/folder exists.
  3. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    thanks a lot cowboy I was goign crazy for a sec.