i heart apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by baby duck monge, Nov 11, 2004.

1. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    ok, so i couldn't quite decide which forum to put this in, so i hope community is acceptable to those with more distinct feelings about post location...

anyway, i just thought i would share some of my profound happiness with all y'all.

about 2 months ago i filled out some form on apple's page about demo days for the chance to win a digital camera and then promptly forgot about the whole thing. about a week ago i got an email reminding me of the drawing and informing me that i had won! after faxing a gift receipt back to apple (for tax purposes), my new toy was sent on its way.

today, the nice fed-ex man delivered to me a bright, shiny new cannon powershot s410 digital elph. usually when people give things away like this, the prizes are not really that nice. this camera certainly seems above-average as far as giveaways go, and is nicer than the nikon coolpix 2100 i have been using.

so anyway, yay for apple! and yay for contests! and i guess i would encourage all of you to enter them when you can (except that decreases my chances of ever winning anything again - and i have to say this is one of the few times i have ever won anything big or small in my life [at least in terms of prizes you get from any sort of random drawing]).

just thought i would share. that is all.
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Hope you get a lot of use from it!

Post some pics as soon as you can!!

I never win anything :( :( :(

Ever :mad:
  3. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Sorry to hear that. I win stuff all the time. Just this afternoon I visited some website and was the millionth visitor and won a holiday. I did a little more surfing and then returned to the website about two hours later only to find I was again the millionth visitor, what are the odds of that!!!???

I'm also going to write up the incident as a clear discovery of time travel and proof that you can occupy the same position in time twice at the same time and I hope to win a Nobel for that! Fingers crossed.
  4. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2003
    Sweet Gaudy Golden Lion Tamarin Monkeys! I have that exact camera! Except that I paid good money for it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a great little camera.
  5. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    i have to say, i am diggin' the gimmick.

so far i like everything about the camera except the way you have to transfer the pics onto your computer. with the nikon there was no special software or anything - you just plugged it in, turned it on, and the camera popped up just like any other removable media type. but such is the price we pay, i suppose.

but thanks to those who have offered congrats and not held my fortune against me! and don't give up macdawg, your time will come!
  6. MattG macrumors 68040

May 27, 2003
    Fletcher, NC

At my last job (which was Ritz Camera coincidentally, speaking of cameras...), out of everybody employed by the company country-wide, myself and one other person at my store were picked to win new Dell laptops! We had the choice of those, or, we could opt out and take the equivalent in cash and spend it on whatever we wanted. Needless to say...I took the cash :cool:
  7. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    man, the long work days must be affecting me...

i read your title as "i hate apple" and was curious to see what kind of anti-Mac troll came by MR today... oops. :D

congrats. sounds like a sweet deal.
  8. palusami macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2004
    san jose, ca
    congrats baby duck monge (interesting name :D ).

i'm in the loser crowd as well. never won anything, well, anything significant, in my life. actually, i take that back. i won $200 on my high school grad night. may not seem like much now but 10 yrs ago or so, it was a good amt of cash to spend on alcohol, drugs, lap dances, etc. :D