I hit the iChat buddy limit!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stike, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

I wanted to add someone to my buddylist, as I always do during Expos and MacWorlds ;) in the MacRumors iChat channel.
    But then I suddenly got a strange error.

I realized, after deleting someone, I was able to add another buddy. I have officially hit the iChat buddy list limit!

If you are wondering: I have 172 people in my list, if I counted correctly...

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Good to know!
    So, no more than 172 friends allowed..... :D

3. Stike thread starter macrumors 65816

Stike

This is mean! I can´t have all MR members in my buddy list! Apple have to change this! ;)

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

That's an odd limit..

Part of the Public Beta???

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

that's an AOL limit, not iChat. I've seen this happen before when I use to use AIM. but now my buddy list has been cut down to about 20 people because those are the only ones that i actually want to talk to.

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

This is a very common problem for AIM. The way that many programs get around this is by loading the buddy list locally or by having multiple SN's. I hit this originally during HS and it just got worse in college where I have SN's from many people in classes with me. I think I've been up to around 270 with two SN's on at the same time. This isn't to say that I regularly talk to these people, they are just there for information. I have a list of 10 people at the top who I actually talk to a lot, everything else is minimized.

BEN