I hope Steve wont let me down

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by bingimar, Jan 6, 2002.

1. bingimar macrumors member

oh Steve oh Steve dont let me down I got so high hopes.

---------------------
    Apple fan number #3

2. iCinder Guest

whatever he comes out with will be revolutionary. i will not be upset with him if he doesn't show me what i want as long as the new "thing" is innovative. hell, he could introduce something we have never dreamed of and it could totally kick a$$. or he could just improve their current line up. both will make me :)

3. fukuhela macrumors member

Will this make you happy

G5 and iMac G4?

Then I'm sorre on your behalf because you are gonna be very disappointed. At best we will get an imac running a G3 sahara chip at 1 GHz.

There is no doubt i'm gonna be be let down after the keynote. The only thing that could make me happy is a G5 and a G4 imac. To be honest I really don't care about the new device if it isn't a computer.

What about you guys...

4. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Re: Will this make you happy

I think that we will have QuickTime ready for OSX

5. GigaWire macrumors 6502

You're as clueless as this guy, so stop with the "Well there won't be this and there won't be that..."
    ********. Not a single person here knows what's coming, so those of you that act as though you do, please shutup. This is a rumors site where rumors abound, not facts, so stop acting like you got them Jack.

6. CHess macrumors regular

What I want

Actually, hanging out on rumors forums is kind of unhealthy. It distorts your view and expectations of what Apple can come out with and what Apple should come out with. So, I have to sit back from the hype and all the "I wish" and "If doesn't do this, I'm gonna..." blah...

What Apple should do, honestly, is not to try to make a computer for ME. I'm a Mac user, and that's all there is to that. As long as they keep improving the line the way they have, and obsolete the computers I got in the last year, I'll be happy (as odd as that seems to sound :) ).

What Apple needs to do is to keep the iMac as a G3 if that's what it takes to deliver an inexpensive machine over the 1Ghz speed mark . They need to capture the attention of non-Mac users. Many of these people don't know a G3 from a G4. All they will notice is that Mhz number, RAM, HD size (not speed), and graphics. So, pop a high-end graphics card in the flat screen iMac and get the speed up.

Non-computer products? I think they're great if they really scream "cool and different" because they make non-Mac users look at Macs. And the more they do that, the better market share will get. The better market share gets, the better off we all are.

They need to maintain a low-end iMac so I can still tell people "You know, you can buy an iMac for less than $800 with a printer..." I'm not a sales person, but I'm sure we have all had someone tell us that their next computer probably won't be a Mac because they can get a new Gateway or whatever for $899.

As for new, I'd really like to see the iMac we've been talking about (don't get me wrong, a G4 would be great), but my next computer is probably going to be a PowerMac. I also want to see the PowerMac get a speed boost. A 1.2 Ghz machine would be terrific, a G5 would be nice, but the WORST thing Apple can do is what they've done in the past. And that is to release something before it's really ready. The last thing we need is lots of hype about a new super machine only to hear all the news stories about production problems, inability to deliver and such.

7. CHess macrumors regular

Disappointment

Oh, and I think a lot of people around here will end up disappointed. I won't, because I plan on watching Steve on the web and enter the Reality Distortion Zone :)