I...I...Actually Touched One *_*

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skysailing, Jan 6, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

skysailing

I went to the Apple Store today and actually saw the Retina MacBook Pro. It makes no sense for something to be that powerful and THAT fast. The resolution is surely noticeable and I played with it for hours.
    Since the machine has to last me for a good 5 years, I've decided to wait until the next version in June (I'm just guessing the date here, don't flip your ****). Everything else seems just lessor and The rMBP is a real treat for the eyes. I NEED that machine in my life and I don't want to wait any longer.

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I would have loved to see your reaction after you had your first kiss :D

3. thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

Things got way dirtier toward closing.

4. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Reminds me when I first touched an iPad 1 a few years ago.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

That's interesting. I would never purchase an iPad, those things get released in abundance. My heart still goes out to the victims of the iPad 2. May they find peace and fulfillment while they save enough money for the Retina iPad and/or iPad Mini.

6. macrumors 601

I had the opposite reaction. It was nice, but she was no Lamborghini.

7. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

8. macrumors 6502

They're still selling the iPad 2. I don't know why they're the sad ones. The REAL sad people are the ones with the first gen iPad. They were dropped. Hard. Apple even came out and said (during the smart cover announcement) that the case for iPad 1 (that they sold, and bragged about) sucked. It lost most third party app support by the time the iPad 3 rolled around, and it has no iOS 6. Also, it can barely keep up with a slow typist on the keyboard in any app. So.. they're the victims.

9. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Nothing is wrong with the iPad 2 lol. The only iPad that I think is truly out of date is the iPad 1.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

A Lamborghini wishes it could, lol.

----------

Resolution is the BIGGEST thing for me, I can't get enough of it. I just can't.

----------

After seeing the iPad 2 and just GLANCING at the "new iPad" I just would not be able to go back. That resolution is just cwazy.

11. macrumors 603

While it is likely that the computer will still be working in 5 years(given proper care), there is a good chance that till be pretty slow on any processor intensive tasks. 5 years is a LONG time in the technology world.

12. macrumors 6502a

xShane

That's what she said.

Sorry, I had to :p

13. macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I am just shocked you spent a few hours in the store? What was it you was doing on the device, and were you just left alone to do this?

14. macrumors 6502a

If you going to buy the 15 inch might as well buy it now , haswell is a nice update but nothing earth shattering, the real big update we might see is when broadwell comes out

15. thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

:(

----------

I would have said the same thing.

----------

I was doing everything. Just testing that processor and resolution and it was fun.

----------

Haswell? Broadwell? Coldwell? Hewell? Britwell? Applewell? JanetJacksonwell?
    WHAT.IS.WITH.ALL.THESE.UPDATES.AND.JUST.WHY!!
    All I want is something that last through the years! I mean this thing is like 5 thousand dollars.
    [​IMG]

16. macrumors 65816

Arnezie

17. thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

I was convinced of that after the first glance.

18. macrumors regular

Disagree. It's only the first to have a high-resolution LCD and it's long overdue in the industry. Pretty soon they'll be a commodity, when everybody else catches up Apple will have to drop the price from "extremely expensive" to "merely overpriced".

Not that I'm complaining, I'll buy one eventually myself.

G.

19. macrumors regular

Not only the brilliant screen, the fact that it has a quad core processor, 2 GPU's,
    SSD, Backlit keyboard and decent battery life stuffed in a very thin, balanced, solidly constructed body. It's the whole package.

20. macrumors 65816

Well said Mike. I can't believe i can hold this laptop on the left hand palm while browsing or doing other things in a couch while watching TV.

Can't do it with any other laptop given the power packed inside.

21. macrumors 65816

Look at the MacBook Air (2010 model and onward), and look at Ultrabook pricing.

There's a problem with this logic: you assume the display is not going to cost an arm and a leg to make.

Sadly, it does cost an arm and a leg to make. To all manufacturers.

So Apple's margins are actually not that high.

22. macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

Don't remind me...

I'm still angry about the fact that I can't even get iOS 6.

23. macrumors 604

I've checked out both 13" and 15" retinas and used them for a bit in the Apple store. I wasn't impressed with the resolution, but that could be my eyes aren't that great at my age. They're nice and light, but at the end of the day, they are just computers to use for a task.

24. macrumors 6502a

victims? no ones ipad 2 stopped working when the newer ones came out.
    youre the type who just want the latest apple kit, many of us simply use them as tools.
    you may as well buy now, when the retina revision comes out yours will still look the same, no one will know its not the latest.

25. macrumors regular

Well first, I assure you Apple's margins are high.

But what I mean is once all manufacturers are buying high-resolution LCD's then they become a commodity and the price will come way down. Right now only Apple is buying them, but other PC manufacturers are in the process of building their own high-res laptops too.

I imagine it'll take a while since HP, Dell and the like have no control over the OS to support higher resolution. They have to rely on Microsoft to catch up. I'm sure this is a topic of hot debate right now in some closed meetings.