I Just Bought A DS Lite and it is My Precious

Discussion in 'Games' started by ModestPenguin, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

Miiiinnneee...

I got the system, advanced wars: DS, The New Super Mario Bros., and Brain Age.

I heart them all.

What game should I get next? I'm thinking Mario Kart DS just for multiplayer.

What is your favorite Multiplayer game online?

Well back to work.

-Penguin

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

My favorites are Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright, and Trauma Center. Mario Kart and MPH are the best online games but Mario Kart is easier to pick up so I would pick that.

3. storage macrumors 6502

I'm getting a DS and the same games you have tomorrow :D, can't wait!

4. sixstorm macrumors regular

I 2nd on Trauma Center, if you can find a good copy of the game. It's very addictive.

5. ModestPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

Coool...Okay, how is the mario and luigi lost in time game?

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Kart DS, absolutely, no questions asked. Especially if you have WiFi. If you have WiFi it should be a given purchase.

7. ModestPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

8. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

ummm......how about....

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Pink-Colored Rupee Land!!!!!!!!!

Well as soon as it comes the USA!!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. ModestPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

OMG THATS ALL I NEED!

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i'm gettin a DS as soon as my copy of NSMB comes in the mail. i also have wi-fi and i didn't know what game to get for that. now i know. thank you!

11. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

so i see you have bought it.... good luck!!!!!

12. Vster macrumors 6502

Congrats on you DS Lite! I love mine. :D
    Mario Kart DS is really fun, and I hear that Metroid Prime: Hunters is good, but I haven't played it yet. If you are a Tetris fan, Tetris DS is a pretty fun twist on a classic.

13. j3tang macrumors regular

another game to have would be Tetris DS

Check out the all the rave reviews for it, and it can be played over WiFi i believe. Apparently it's very addictive ..

Mario Kart and Tetris are both at the top of my list : )

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you're not wrong. though I thought addiction wore off, it merely transformed into an addiction on multiplayer instead. My girlfriend is equally good at me on Tetris, the only game we're on par. and it is amazing.

I was just about to spend an hour training on Metroid Hunters but I think Tetris now beckons...

What game would I recommend? Castlevania. best platform game ever, IMO. I completed it ages ago but I'm now just collecting souls. level 80, all the weapons. etc. just great. Mario Kart is excellent too.

15. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Mariokart DS=best multiplayer!

I can't wait to play Wii mariokart on line!

16. buffalo macrumors 65816

Can someone give me a short explanation on how friend codes work. How many can the game store, do you have to be friends with everyone in a game to race/battle them (in Mario Kart)...

Thanks!

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Thank you! (why does it always seem like it takes forever to come in the mail when it's something you really want? it's only been 3 days since i ordered it and it already seems like it's been forever.)

18. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

19. storage macrumors 6502

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I figured it was better to ask here than making another topic like this.

I'm going to buy my DS Lite and NSMB in a few hours, but I'd also like to get another game, problem is, which one?

I want a game that'll last for quite some time. I'm considering Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. None of my friends have a DS, neither "real friends" or "internet friends" (in the lack of better words). Another game I'm considering is Advance Wars.

Please help me :(.

20. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I'd go for mariokart ds for purely competitive and sheer joyful reasons, as well as that you can play it online even without Friend Codes, as you get randomly matched up to people worldwide. (which is great as I have no 'friends' with a DS either!

Animal Crossing has a large following on macrumors, so if you decide to go that way their is a thread with Animal Crossing Friend Codes of macrumors users (as well as a thread for Mariokart, MPH and Tetris).

Look down the list of threads under games and they'll pop up!

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The only game I've spent significant time on (barring Castlevania) is Metroid Hunters (9 hours) followed by Animal Crossing. I've probably spent more time on that but there isn't a gameclock. which, IMO, should be standard these days.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yay another DS Lite owner! they are wonderful little things aren't they?

not to steal the thread...

but has anyone played the Prince of Persia game for the DS and if so how is it?

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Well, I've only played three games; Brain Age, Bust-a-Move, and Animal Crossing.

I only currently play Animal Crossing.
    On a daily basis. :eek:
    I think it's addictive fun, silliness. :D

24. Matt Phoenix macrumors regular

I picked up a DS Lite a few weeks ago and love it. I got Metroid Prime and Super Mario 64 DS. Normally, I hate FPS, but with Metroid and the stylus, it seems to work perfectly and I love it. I've played it a couple times online, which is awesome, even though I suck. I definetely need more practice in that. Mario 64, once you get Mario, is awesome. The early levels playing as Yoshi aren't as fun until you get the main guy. At least in my opinion...

Personally, I didn't know what game to pick up next, but I keep hearing so many good things about Castlevania that I might just have to give it a try.