I just bought a Rosewill RX30 Ext HD Casing...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Josh2022, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Josh2022 macrumors member

Alright, I just bought a Rosemill RC30 External HardDrive Casing, I put my Hard Drive into it and all, I hooked up the USB cable to the hard drive and it works great, there was another wire that came with the package, a Firewire 800 (1394b) Wire.. From what I have read on that wire, It seems to be faster then a USB wire.. right, so i turned off my drive, unplugged the USB cable, Plugged in the Firewire 800 Wire into the Hard Drive and then into my G5 Powermac. I turn the ext hdd back on, and it wont mount with that wire, im not sure why though.. here it is, http://rosewill.com/Product/product.aspx?productId=249 - and here is some pictures of the back of it, - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI....0 +1394a + 1394b External Enclosure - Retail

... the thing im talking about is the 2 s800 ports, im not sure why there are two but ive tried hooking up each one from my computer to the drive and it just wont read it, am i doing something wrong?

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Rosewill is ****. >>

I had one of their Radeon 9600 cards, sent it back to Newegg after it died within 72 hours of getting it. o.o I then went and bought a HIS card, and its been working perfectly ever since. ^_^

3. Josh2022 thread starter macrumors member

well accucially i really like how this case is built, it seems like it was well manufactured.. but Im really just curious if Im doing something wrong or what.

4. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

very nice case i got one shipped from the us to the uk wicked quality just check the connections inside the case and make sure everything is correct mine works fine

5. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

the reason it has two ports is so you can daisy chain them, or any other fw devices. unfortunately, i can't really be of anymore help then that. I would recommend calling rosewill about this, as it's probably the case thats at fault.

also, if you have a fw400 cable sitting around, try that too. if that doesn't work either, you can be sure its the case because it runs off the same bus as the fw800 ports, but separate from the usb.

6. superwoman macrumors regular

7. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I have two of those cases, a USB one and a FW400 one, and they haven't given me any trouble like that. You should get ahold of them and see if they'll replace it, as it's probably just faulty.