I Just bought an LCIII for $1300 is that a good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Southbridge, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Southbridge macrumors regular

Southbridge

Oh wait... it's 1994 and I just bought my first mac. What a piece of junk. No wonder I waited 11 years to consider even buying an Apple product... I'm still having cold feet about buying a 15" PB... :(

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Interesting. At that time, I paid about $1400 for a Performa 476 a.k.a. LC 475 with a bigger hardware, keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

It wasn't a terrible machine, it just wasn't an amazing machine.

The 15.2 inch PowerBook is much nicer, especially when you equip it with plenty of RAM.

3. PeterD42 macrumors member

Chill up.

I have been a 15" PB owner for the last 8 months after 10 years of Windows machines and associated Apple wariness.

Am now a devout Mac Fanatic. The Powerbook (and associated software) just works where my previous machines didn't.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Southbridge - put some socks on and buy it.

I too had a Performa back in the early 90s which was OK but not enough to stop me buying a cheaper Windows 95 machine. I just got tired of fighting to get files transferred, I had system conflicts, it was tough to get answers to problems (then) and getting peripherals was tough too. I didn't think then that I'd get another Mac.

Got my 15" PB last year after a friend showed me OS X. I love it - it is the friendliest, easiest, least hassle, most fun computer I have ever used.