I Just bought an LCIII for $1300 is that a good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Southbridge, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Southbridge macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2005
    Astoria, NY
    Oh wait... it's 1994 and I just bought my first mac. What a piece of junk. No wonder I waited 11 years to consider even buying an Apple product... I'm still having cold feet about buying a 15" PB... :(
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Interesting. At that time, I paid about $1400 for a Performa 476 a.k.a. LC 475 with a bigger hardware, keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

It wasn't a terrible machine, it just wasn't an amazing machine.

The 15.2 inch PowerBook is much nicer, especially when you equip it with plenty of RAM.
  3. PeterD42 macrumors member

Jul 5, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Chill up.

I have been a 15" PB owner for the last 8 months after 10 years of Windows machines and associated Apple wariness.

Am now a devout Mac Fanatic. The Powerbook (and associated software) just works where my previous machines didn't.
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Southbridge - put some socks on and buy it.

I too had a Performa back in the early 90s which was OK but not enough to stop me buying a cheaper Windows 95 machine. I just got tired of fighting to get files transferred, I had system conflicts, it was tough to get answers to problems (then) and getting peripherals was tough too. I didn't think then that I'd get another Mac.

Got my 15" PB last year after a friend showed me OS X. I love it - it is the friendliest, easiest, least hassle, most fun computer I have ever used.