I just deleted 1.83GB of files that I needed... can I get them back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BurtonCCC, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

:(

I just had a complete mental lapse and deleted a huge folder of applications.

Are there any free applications that will help me restore them?

Dan.

2. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Short answer is: no. But if they are just applications can't you just reinstall them?

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Best best is to compile a list of your applications, if you can't remember them all take a look at your libraries :) Then from them reinstall them.

4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I've used Data Rescue II - and it works excellent. I don't think it's free, though. :(

5. Spaceman Spiff macrumors regular

Nope, Data Rescue's not free. I should know. I ordered it in an extreme amount of panic. Which what they count on. People are a lot more willing to pay a premium for software when it can save their job.

6. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

This happens to people all the time. If they're just applications then just reinstall them. But this is a lifelong lesson. BACKUP. ALWAYS BACKUP...until Leopard comes out with TimeMachine :D

7. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

8. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Well, I don't have the install discs because... "Arr, matey." What I deleted was actually the install DMGs. There's your answer. I did get it installed on my PowerBook, but I wanted to hang onto a copy for my future Intel iMac, but it's okay. Apparently these programs don't run well on Intels anyway.

Dan.

P.S. Time Machine would be very nice right now.

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Time machine never really caught my eye, becuase i already have all my files backed up on CD's and if i loose an app i just reinstall it!.....Burton go to Games now and post a few posts. There are some threads that your are gonna like. The super smash bros one!

10. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yeah...

If you know how to pirate software, you should should know how to back it up.

Don't come on here asking for help getting back illegitimate applications. I'm not going to pretend that I'm a saint, but I can't stand people wanting free help to get back illegal software. It just doesn't make sense.

11. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.