Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
If you use expose on all windows, and then hit the Tab key....it will toggle between expose of each app you have open. If you don't understand what I mean, open 2 documents in word and 2 safari windows. Hit F9 for expose, then hit Tab. Has anyone known this, or am I just REALLY slow (I'm assuming I missed this a while back). Anyways, it is a very handy button...what do you guys/girls think?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I already knew about this, but I agree it is a handy tool. I'm usually using Expose with my mouse, though, so it's always faster to mouse over to the appropriate window. Cmd+tab is faster for me when on the keyboard. So, I guess I don't use the Expose+tab too much.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, I knew about that one. It's a good trick though. OS X is full of little tricks like that. Can't learn them all, but there's quite a few that are insanely handy.

The best of all is simply cmd+q for quitting :) saves mucho time.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
SilentPanda said:
Is both a good answer? :D

That'll do.

Oh well, I just never thought of hitting tab in expose, and never saw it here. I def missed it.

At least it wasn't a thread about cmd+tab ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I may or may not have known this, but I'd forgotten, so thanks for the reminder! And, yes, it's less obvious than ⌘-tab. ;)

iSaint

macrumors 603
calebjohnston said:
Yeah, I knew about that one. It's a good trick though. OS X is full of little tricks like that. Can't learn them all, but there's quite a few that are insanely handy.

The best of all is simply cmd+q for quitting :) saves mucho time.

cmd-q is my fave...as is alt - ~ for switching windows within a program

frackin' windows frustrates me when I try to teach people shortcuts. they just HAVE to move that mouse around!

tab in expose' is really cool, too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.