I just finished NSMB :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by pulsewidth947, Jul 28, 2006.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Aw man! I just finished NSMB.. now what do i do?! Well theres all the hidden exits and coins I suppose..

I suppose I can concentrate on getting good at Mario Kart now, then play online more!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I finished it in about a week, I've only just finished the secret World 7.

I think, unlike other Mario games like Mario 3, World, Yoshis Island. It's less about the level design (whilst great) more about the addiction of trying to find the secrets. Usually coins don't interest me in Mario games, but this one has me searching high and low.

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I agree. I don't normally care about coins, but I went through and got all of them! I do wish it was a tad bit longer though. I guess I'm just used to mario 64. It's an amazing game though.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

One thing I've been wondering... when do I start unlocking the minigames? I've done all the levels now and my coins are just stacking up. figure the games will be unlocked by coins?

5. SwitchedBack2XP macrumors member

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I found that getting all the coins in NSMB was hard because you could only save after castles and places where you spend star coins. I just got back from the post office, where I shipped my copy of the game, which sold yesterday on eBay. :)

The game was a pretty huge let-down for me.

Daniel.

7. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

go back to world 1, move right 1 dot, then up 1 dot to the purple mushroom. You can unlock games there for 20 stars

8. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I'm pretty sure that that place only sells wallpapers for your bottom screen, and annoyingly, even when you get all the coins, you cannot buy all of them if you have already opened all of the gates.
    I only have 4 Star coins left to get now.

9. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Yeah, I really need to unlock all of the mini games. I barely have any.

10. Dandaman macrumors 6502

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

13. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I looked on GameFaqs, and it doesnt look like you unlock any mini-games through normal game play. What about playing all of the mini-games? Thats the only other way I could think about unlocking them. TBH I haven't bothered with any of the mini-games as its not what I bought the game for :)

14. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

You can also play New Super Mario Bros in challenge mode which makes the levels scroll only in specific directions, so you cannot backtrack.
    To activate it, you have to press: L, R, L, R, X, X, Y, Y. (If it does not work, replace L and R with left and right on the d-pad.)
    However, I have not tried it so use it at your own risk, as i don't know if it can be changed back.