i just got a job

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, Jul 13, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    ...finally... after sending applications to a bunch of diff stores, and sitting in on interviews... only to be told... ttyl... FINALLY... i got a part time job... my first interview was the cliche "erm... we don't know if we need that many people on the floor, we'll get back to you when we do"...

the second one (a diff store) was weird b/c i had graduated the SAME freakin' day and the interview was supposed to be on that same day! so i was like >_<.. and they were like on the phone... all "we'll keep you on file sir...." so MEH to that one...

the third one (again a diff store) was like a phone interview.. so i was caught off guard... here i am eating food.. and this manager dude calls me and im like HEEWOW... and he's like yeah so why (insert company name here) and i was like.... yeah... um... and basically he just said "he'd get back to me..." never did so go figure...

the FOURTH interview... wow this one was funny.. i actually didn't want that job... i walk into the office.. the place was falling apart... messed up carpets and stuff... and they were like.. "your gonna sell our products! door to door! fun!" and i was like "in the 21st century? wtf.. i thought you guys were a job listing place thing.. lemme out!" so yeah i got out of their fast....

ahh now the FIFTH interview... APPLE STORE.... that was interesting... dual interview... busted out my info on the manager.. told em what i knew.. was serious to the point... never understood why they wouldn't hire me.. maybe its b/c its my first job.. THEY LOVE PICKING ON YOU FOR THAT.. and i felt like saying "YEAH YOU GOTTA START SOMEWHERE MAN!" but i kept my cool... i think apple wants dudes in their mid 20's to early 30's with stuble.. b/c i have never seen anyone else other than that fit working at their store...

ahh the last interview...(another store again... crazy i know? but trump said NEVER GIVE UP!!) so... i walk into the store... the first interview went swell... they called me back for a second.. that one was weird.. diff manager.. made me feel all uncomfortable.. i think they try some sort of initiation intimidation on ya or something... well anyway they said im hired.. thing is its a sales/retail position at the store.. so they are all like.. "yeah we call you and tell you the sched for the week.. if you can do it great.. if not then o well" so like random hours.. thats fine for now.. but when college starts.. they SAID its flexible... better be... i hope.... :eek:
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Hope everything goes well for you!

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]
  3. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Use paragraphs next time. That was like reading one huge run on sentence, painful.

4. Jedda macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2003

Hope it all goes well for you.

It's a good feeling, im sure.
  5. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Glad you found a job, hope you like it and that they are flexible with your hours once college starts up.

But I agree with iJon. That was a tough post to read through.
  6. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Jan 21, 2005
    New Zealand
    Wow... like... yeah... um... far out... that's like... totally freaking cool... man! ;)

Congratulations, I envy you, the closest thing we have to an Apple Store where I come from is this pathetic little showroom in the industrial part of town. It's about the size of someone's living room and it's employees all look like they have Dells at home :rolleyes:.

I've only ever had one 'real job' in my life (as in, a job with regular hours - I can't seem to find the time for work amongst all the 'study' I've gotta do :p). I used to deliver medicine to old people. It was creepy, to say the least. They used to tip me with fruit :(. Crazy.
  7. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
  8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
  9. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    Congrats!!! Now go out and have a beer tonight and celebrate!
  10. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Congrats on getting your new job.
    Now you can start raking in the $$$ ;)
    Impressed by your persistance in trying time and time again to get a job...see, hard work always pays off in the end.
  11. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

May 30, 2005
    I didn't turn 16 until July 1.. which meant all the jobs were taken by then. Drove me nuts looking for a job.. but it turned out that I could work for my dad's moving company for cash at $10 an hour and make the same working 3 days that I would make in a week of minimum wage... so I guess it worked out. I just bought a 93 Hyundai Elantra and all I need now is an oil change and new hubcap covers and I'm good to go.. unfortunately I can't get my license until November because of the stupid state laws. You have to hold a permit for 4 months if you go to a driving school, 6 months without a driving school. I found a pretty speedy driving school.. I'll be done with classes August 6 and I have my first on-the-road driving session (8 hours of that) on August 4th.. then 3 more of those and I'm done until my test in November.