Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seebol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
1) When I try to eject a cd that I got fromt he University of Indiana, it says "The disk 'IUWARE' is in use and couldnot be ejected. Try quitting applications and trying again."

I only have finder and now, safari running. I even tried relaunching finder. What am I supposed to do? I assume rebooting my computer would fix this prob, but I'm looking for a easier solution since I'm trying to run my battery down for the calibration.

2) What doyou guy do with the cap that goes on the plug? There's no convenient place to hold the cap, yet I don't want to lose it.

Thanks!!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I wouldn't worry about the cap. 90% chance it'll get lost.

Something is using the CD. Did it have an HTML file that you double clicked to open Safari? If so, quitting Safari would take care of it.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
yellow said:
I wouldn't worry about the cap. 90% chance it'll get lost.

Something is using the CD. Did it have an HTML file that you double clicked to open Safari? If so, quitting Safari would take care of it.

I was extremely careful with mine, and it still ended up getting lost... it's tough to keep track of (seeing that it's clear and all).

You could open the Activity Monitor, and view processes and kill the active process from there.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i have two of them, apple dose not care if you loose it so it dosent really matter i got a secondd one when my power brick died.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
yellow said:

It might be used by a start-up app. Open [apple menu]->System Preferences...->Accounts->(your account)->Startup Items and mke sure nothing in there looks like it's using it.

Just logging out and logging back on might help as well.

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
seebol said:
2) What doyou guy do with the cap that goes on the plug? There's no convenient place to hold the cap, yet I don't want to lose it.

Thanks!!

I take the cap and put it on the clip that is on the power cord. It usually stays there pretty well, but again, its no big deal if it gets lost. Just make sure that the plug that goes into your iBook is clean every now and then. Which it probably will be. I wouldnt worry about it to much really.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Butler Trumpet said:
I take the cap and put it on the clip that is on the power cord. It usually stays there pretty well, but again, its no big deal if it gets lost. Just make sure that the plug that goes into your iBook is clean every now and then. Which it probably will be. I wouldnt worry about it to much really.

I do this with the two caps for the iPod FW cable -- I put the one that goes on the dock side in the one that clips on the cable (for the FW side). But I don't even remember getting a cover for the one for the power supply. But I think its much less critical than for a multi-pin connector. Usually the trouble is dust that bridges pins and then it doesn't work. Video game cartridges were the worst like that (nerd alert). :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.