I just got "The Mouse" from MacMice...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dukemeiser, Feb 27, 2004.

1. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

...and rather than waste valuable space here, I though I'd be nice and direct you to a link instead.
    Here is my review.

The above link is my personal experience with The Mouse. A thing to note: it has been revised.
    1. The cord is no longer 24", but now it is 34.5"
    2. The scroll wheel is smoother
    Other than that, go read the review.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Great review!

I can't wait until the BlueTooth version comes out in April! I just hope it's as good.

3. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

has anyone heard any more specifics or confirmation on the release of the bluetooth version?? I'm happy that there is a look-alike 2 button w/scroll mouse out there (...another one) but the real great product would be the bluetooth version. There aren't very many of those out there.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

'cept hopefully they won't make the cord longer! :)

6. dukemeiser thread starter macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Taiwan

According to some of the AppleLegal comments, a Bluetooth model is in development. But MacMice isn't going to tell you that. They'd rather you bought this one right now.

7. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Does the basic two-button/scroll wheel functionality work without installing their driver software? I know you said their software "lets you control a lot of aspects of the mouse, such as what each button is used for", but if I just want the basics, does it work "right out of the box"?

8. dukemeiser thread starter macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Yes, it is plug-n-play right out of the box. Under System Prefs -> Keyboard & Mouse, the Mouse tab will show a "Scrolling Speed" adjustment. But I would recommend you download the extra drivers anyway. It lets you do so much more, and it's only like 500k in size. It adds a "MouseCommand" option in System Prefs.

9. jero macrumors regular

damn! just when i buy the apple bluetooth. macmice is coming with one. that was the only reason i didnt buy the mouse from macmice.