i just had dinner with the klumps! really!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Nov 21, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

we have probably all read the guinness book of world records and known that there are 1,000 pound people out there

i went into this pub/restaurant one day with my wife and i swear i saw the klumps order before us (but they were white)...we didn't get service in this usually quick service pub for nearly an hour

each person ordered at least three entrees apiece, including the women

and in this family, no person was under 6"5" and no one was under 400 lbs.

i live in a resort town and i get to see celebrities and sports stars and i have a good idea what 300 lbs looks like...this family's women outweighed anybody in the nfl by 100 lbs.

and the men, no one was under 600-700 lbs...have you ever seen anybody snort a hamburger in 30 seconds? i did....wow LMAO

has anybody here ever experienced a real life klumps invasion in a local restaurant in their home town?

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

what I'd like to know is how many were in the familly and what did they drive up in?

Damn, I can't imagine eating 3 entrees!

D

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Wow. Did the floor sink under the stress of their weight? If there are two men and two women, that would be like 2*650 + 2*300 = 1900lbs sitting at a table!!! That's like a small car.:D

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

these people were big and the smallest person, a lady, was a real babe in a sort of best of the under 400 pound category way:D

seriously, she was real pretty and could rival chyna in the wwf:eek:

5. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I never thought of chyna as a babe before... More like a manwoman with an annoying voice.

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

We do not have fat people in Venezuela. What we call fat for you are normal people. People in the US are very fat, every body that travels to the US for a month and come back comes fat from there. There is something different in the food there that make people gain more weith.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

What were they driving?

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nothing in the food, it's the subliminal messages in the TV commercials.

Sugar is your friend, You're hungry, Eat fast food, etc.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's what I was asking......it would have to be a Suburban or something simillar - just to accomodate 4 of them. Ugh.

And as for being fat in the US - just don't eat fast food, mass quantities at lower prices. I avoid it myself. But its also a problem with portions, everything is supersized or larger than it needs to be.

D

10. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Anybody remember in I think the 80's when McDonald's started the "Super Summer Size" drinks? It was larger than large, for those hot summer days when you are extra-thirsty. Now, that same size is a medium anywhere you go. The cupholders in my car won't hold a large these days. I figure in another couple of years I'll have to take the spare tire out of my trunk and use that space for a cupholder!

11. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, it's incredible how fat people in Canada and the US are.

I remember reading a study that said that about 60% of the population is overweight.
    That's incredible!
    I think this is all the fault of those food guides that they introduced in the 70's. You know, the food pyramids--eat fruits/vegetables the most, breads the second most, milk/milk products third and meats the least.

I think the way to go is with the Atkins diet, where one eats more protein than anything else. A recent study showed that on average, people following the food guide lost only 21 pounds over the study period, while people following the atkins diet lost over 30 pounds.

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

We have some bigguns. A large portion of americans are slobs who overeat and despise excersize. It's kind of sad really. Especially when you see the people in places like Venezuala and Europe who are all thinner then us and don't all have this mysterious "fat gene"

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We learn as a youngster that food is for comfort. Food given as a reward!

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I'm not a fan of McDonald's and I don't go there generally. But my wife and I were out this morning and absolutely starving and needed something fast, so we went through the McDonald's drive thru for egg mcmuffins. I didn't want all that much food, so I just got the McMuffin and some OJ - my wife got the small extra value meal - McMuffin, Hash Browns and a small drink.

Her's cost $1.60, total for all items.

My McMuffin, by itself, was $1.69???!!!?!?!

That's what the problem is - pay more for less or pay less for more. The fast food companies are making us eat more food!!!

Ugh!

D

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!!!!

jk, Im not fat. I took a poll from all my friend of how skinny I was
    on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being skinniest 10 being fatest) and they
    averaged me as a 3.5 or so. I feel sorry for those who can't
    seem to stop eating. I can understand :D. I just won't abuse
    my body that much.

16. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I'm telling you, there is something "extra" in the food in the US.

I haven't seen a north american gaining weith down here, but every single person that goes there for a month comes with overweigh. The diet is not that different and that is a pop culture out side the US. Some people may say that the food in the US have more vitamins, blah, blah, blah. Mac Donalds, Wendis, Burger King, Subway, etc is the same thing every where but there you gain weigh.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Are the people more active in Venezuela? Less junk food, fast food, & prepared food?

18. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

atkins...quick results - quick death

19. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

What are you basing that comment on? People don't die because they eat more protein. I haven't heard of any studies that show that eating more protein reduces your lifespan.

20. puffmarvin macrumors member

no, but.... the atkins diet has been proven to be very dangerous for many people. take my friend for example: no carbs as part of the atkins diet for about 3 weeks. he lost around 40 pounds with is a HUGE amount in 3 weeks. he then ate some pasta (complex carbs) and a small dessert (i cant remember what it was).... next thing we know is that he is in the hospital and the end result was poor diet. basically as we understood it, his body went into shock and for lack of better words "had a fit."

yes protein is great and its excellent to have plenty in your diet... more than carbs. but to replace the carbs with protein is just a bad idea.

this is just one of the many studies out there:
    http://www.mercola.com/2002/aug/24/atkins.htm

21. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Interesting. Thanks for the link

22. puffmarvin macrumors member

you're welcome :)

23. diorio macrumors 6502a

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It is a little quiet around here without him.

Maybe somebody should e-mail him and say I'm posting in a thread about fat people again.

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Thanks for posting that image Sun Baked, it brightened my day :)