I just had laser eye surgery! Cool video

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Madmic23, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2004
    Hey every one, I know this is way off topic and probably not too many people care, but I just had laser eye surgery!

I've worn glasses for about the past 10 years of my life, so it's a pretty huge change to not have to where them anymore.

I couldn't believe it, the whole procedure only took about ten minutes and I was done. Definitley a little freaky when someone is performing surgery on your eye and you're wide awake, but still amazing!

If anyone else here is thinking about going through with this, feel free to contact me. I'd highly recommend it!

I also started a blog to document the whole process. It's not the best blog ever, but it does have a video of a lasik procedure if you're interested in what it looks like.
  2. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006
    That's brilliant news, i'm very happy for you!

It must feel incredible for you, hope you recover as best you can.

Take it easy...!

(ps. How many fingers am I holding up?)
  3. Lau Guest

Interesting to read about the procedure on your blog. Partly because vision is such an important part of my job, and partly because I quite like my glasses, I don't think I'd have it, but as a short-sighted (and slightly astigmatic) person I'm always interested to read about it. You certainly make it sound very straightforward on your blog (although the video made me feel a bit squeamish :p ).

How's your night vision been after it?
  4. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    At least you didn't try to DIY! :eek: It's a joke, relax!

5. Madmic23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2004
    I'm seeing 20/20 now

My vision is great now!

fatsoforgotso, my vision is so good I can even see over the internet now. You were holding up 3 fingers. :)

My night vision is fine surprisingly. The surgeon told me to expect some night glare for the first few weeks, but after the first two days, I really haven't seen any of it.

The most amazing thing was, I was seeing 20/20 the morning after the surgery. It was so crazy.

I know the blog makes it sound pretty straight forward, but really, it was! I was pretty worried about it the day before, especially since I watched a similar video to the one on my blog, but it was really not bad at all.

I'm very happy that I went through with it, and haven't had any complications.........yet. We'll see how it goes in 20 years or so!
  6. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    I'm looking forward to being 21, my gran is buying me laser eye surgery for me. I cannot wait. I hate glasses, everyone says they suit me but they're just a pain. I go on lots of little adventures like rafting, caving etc... they just get in the way. and always having to clean them before I watch something good on TV (perfectionist :D ) is so tiring. Though it's supposed to take longer and cost more because I have a a slight astigmatism.

Either way it's cheaper in the long run, less hassle and just better than having glasses. Contact lenses are good they dry my eyes out from time to time which is very uncomfortable.