I just had the WERIRDEST dream I've ever had in my entire life

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stinkythe1, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2005
    After I woke up, I just HAD to write it down:

I dreamed that I had to go to my school on a Saturday to take a test, and there was something about that test that I didn't know, so I had to call someone. But I didnt know anyone in my class, but for some reason, I knew one of the Cosby kids. He had taken that class, so I called him, but he wasn't able to help me.

He then asked me if we had any kids running around in our yard, and he said that they would buy them off of us if we had any because they like to use them to make furniture. (like grinding them up and using their body parts, not like using them for manual labor) While he said this, images of wood framed guest chairs with green cushions rolling off an assembly line was shown before my eyes.

This story was so strange that I then began to tell this story to my mom, dad, and brother, but the whole time they were inturrupting me in the most annoying ways:

Me: I knew one of the cosby kids--
    Brother: cosby kids? you don't know any of the cosby kids
    Me: he asked if we had any kids
    Dad: kids? what?
    Me: in our yard--
    Mom: we don't have any kids in our yard. Grandma might have some guitar strings in her yard, you need to check next time you are over there

After this long ordeal, I was an hour late for my test so I missed it, so I thought I would drive to school, stay for an hour, and drive back so that my parents would think that I took it.

After that my alarm went off.

2. fayans macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2005
    MacRumors: Forums
  3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    one time I had a dream where the mafia was chasing me, and was trying to get my violin and viola and burn them to make a fire to heat up gazpacho.

You do NOT heat up Gazpacho!

2nd: don't burn my violin. I'll CUT YOU.

it was weird.
    Now, I don't eat spicy food before bed, haha
  4. Sogo macrumors 6502

Jan 4, 2004
  5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Unless you are Arnold Judas Rimmer :)

What is it about women who play the viola. There was one back in college who was constantly threatening to kill me.

She was fun.

Wierd dreams happen to me when I have fevers. Once I dreamt I was in Alaska and the Angel of Death was coming to kill me so I had to hide the razor blades. I was 7 ish, slightly drunk, very feverish and had just seen the 10 commandments.
  6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    We're a violent bunch. :mad:

actually, all the violists I know are pretty laid back. we chill, groove, whatever.

Maybe all the viola jokes finally get to us and we go postal? :p

Why are violists scared of ...erm... "ladies of the night" ?
    highlight for punchline:
    they know more than one position

I keed, I keed, I know more than one.. I'll post some recordings of my senior recital in feb. :)
  7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    If Uncle Sigmund were able to read that, he would probably say, "Put me down an additional six feet."
  8. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I've been on mild anti-depressants for a few years. I have some REALLY wierd dreams as far as my poor relationship with my controlling father. I'm usually chewing him out for something related to when we owned a business together and he was an a** to everyone - customers, employees, me, my brothers, his wife. Real strange and vivid dreams about normal circumstances in life. We all have skeletons in our closet, I guess, and dreams are such an odd interpretations of them.
  9. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

Aug 25, 2004
    Glendale, California, USA
    I have weird dreams all the time.

Weirdest Dream (Recurring): I am at my grandmothers house, sleeping on the couch downstairs. The woodstove then starts talking to me. I run upstairs in fear, only to find out the refrigerator is laughing at me. Like very evil laughing. Like the house is evil

I have had that dream for 12 years at least twice a year. Every year a little more is added to the dream. She is now dying of cancer and has an estimated 1-3 months left.

Second Weirdest: I was in front of the capital building in Madison as part of some citizen's militia, defending it from the advancing US troops after Russ Feingold declared Wisconsin an independent nation. I woke up sweating from that dream. Very intense. Very real, though I can't remember too many details. (Battery has 2 minutes left, can't explain everything, though it was very confusing.)

Any interpretations out there, oh dream experts?
  10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    It's just after 7am in London. Just woke up from a dream where I had discovered two bodies in a park... had to ask a kid on a BMX for his phone so I could call the police.

*sips coffee and muses*

Can't say it's put me in a good mood for the day.
  11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    I hate having dreams where it feels like your falling... those are weird
  12. groovebuster macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd rock from the sun...
    ... and then you can feel the impact and how all your bones get crushed, but it doesn't hurt at all. And then you know that you are dead...

Have that once in a while. It was scary in the beginning but by now I got used to this kind of dreams...

13. swy32x macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2005
    I once had a dream that I was freefalling from a plane repeatedly into the ocean, and kept wanting to go higher so I could fall further into the ocean.

The last freefall I did I went into the sea but then I couldn't make it up to the surface, then I woke up holding my breath with my face buried in the pillow ...

I had this dream at like 11, and I have never ever been skydiving ... :confused:
  14. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Mar 2, 2005
    I have a lot of different dreams, but they all usually have one thing in common, and that is, me being in danger, and not being able to do anything. For example, once I remember that big fat scary ass clown started walking really slowly towards me but I could not move, at all, then there's the one when I was like 8 that a man had kidnapped me and my parents were like 15 feet away from me with their backs turned but I couldn't yell, my voice had left me, I hate those dreams, and I get them constantly, scary as hell.
  15. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    The weirdest dream I've had recently:

I was in McDonald's and ordered a certain item (which, in real life, actually comes from KFC). They gave me the wrong item and wouldn't exchange it. I got into a bad mood and left, walked down the street to KFC (which, in the dream, was on the same street corner as the real McDonald's). Then something outside woke me up.

Moral of the story: I've been eating too much fast food recently (seriously - this week I've probably had more of it than any other week in my life) :eek:

Yes, I've had weirder dreams than that, but that's the weirdest I can vividly remember.

Edit: Just remembered something else. It's weird how your subconscious can act on your dreams. I once dreamed that I went to see the dentist. When I woke up, one of my teeth had a piece missing :eek: (don't worry, it's fixed now). I guess I subconsciously "knew" that the bit of tooth had come out, and dreamed accordingly.

Really? I like them! :rolleyes:
  16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004

Well, that's obvious. You're an unhappy (Big) Mac fan and would be far happier with a PC running Windows. Your dreams never lie. :p
  17. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
  18. XIII macrumors 68040

Aug 15, 2004
    I get a recurring dream about twice a year of being stuck in a maze.. sides pushing in on me.. I can't remember much about it.
  19. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    i had a pretty mad dream last night. I wont go into detail ( i mean hey, i remember EVERYTHING in my dreams O_O i'd be here all day) but it involved me and my mates going to Oldham, to my cousins hairdressers. only it starts to thunder. a huge storm is coming so we franticly search for somewhere to hide. so this unknown fat guy hides in the cellar. i follow a few minutes later trying not to go near the windows and metal panels. only they've built this underground travelling super hero machine. so we're riding around underground jumping into magma pools without any worry of damage.
    but we take it too far and i jump out in Manchester. I see this building and go inside, the clouds are darkening at this moment. the storm is approaching.

so I go inside this tower and look out, nothing is happening. this girl i asked out years ago is stood by the window. and my girlfriends younger brother is up some escalators. he shows me this hut he's built, but i get bored and go to the window only to see this awesome display of lightning. but its going in slow motion!

anyways i had another dream where I bought this massive old school building for me and my girlfriend to live in. this is the FIRST TIME IN A DECADE my brain has tried to give me a nightmare too!... Before i bought the school i was looking around telling meself that I would see a ghost in the bedroom. I know i could see it if i wanted too. but i was too scared. then suddenly im on the phone to my girlfriend walking to the house after just buying it. I tell her where it is and all that. only as I approach the enterance I see this squirrel in some bushes infront of me. thinking nothing of it i make some more steps towards the doors and it starts to look at me and walk along a little bit. only its a combination of a Lynx and a squirrel! I tell my girlfriend "I can see something weird, but i love you" and then it starts to move towards me... then i wake up! heard pounding and all that.

i tried to keep it short too :p
  20. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    RAgged, i am the same exact way, i remember almost every detail of my dreams, often to the point that people don't even believe i had the dream because i can describe it so well. Anyone know why some people can remember dreams and others can't? I've also heard that some animal species have dreams, makes you wonder what THEY dream about?

Often when i have to wake up early i have dreams that involve me missing whatever i have to do. I've dreamed before that I can breath underwater, fly and i even had a dream once i was a wide-reciever for michigan state(I don't even like michigan state) those dreams were some of my favorites(I flew everywhere, i had 100,000 people cheering my name), but my worst dream was when i dreamed i hit the powerball(like to the extent i envisioned buying the ticket checking the internet verifying the numbers and everything) and then woke up that really really sucked.
  21. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    How'd I get here? How can I leave?
    Maybe he has a burning subconscious desire to become a furniture builder.

Perhaps, did he watch "The New Yankee Workshop" on PBS and fall asleep?

I remember one dream in particular vividly. I saw an island fortress floating on a lake with large torches burning outside of it, then the scene shifted. I was moving through a tunnel towards this large iron gate that opened into a coliseum, I felt like I was a gladiator of some sort going to entertain the mob to the death, then it shifted again. I was on a gently sloping hillside that was covered with bodies from what looked like an ancient Greek battle replete with lances jutting up from the ground from the skewered bodies, but there were men walking around in Nazi uniforms with sub-machine guns killing any survivors.
    But I just dismissed it because I was playing that game "Rune" at the time. I was hooked on that game for quite a while.
  22. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    You want a messed up dream? Try this one:

I dreamed I was at the house of some people I didn't know, and I've never seen the house or the people before in my life.

After a while, they agreed to let me stay the night there, and we were just sitting around having akward conversation. Then one of them says:

"Well...we better be off...Bowman is coming."

I though nothing of that sentence for a long time, until it was just me an one other in the room.

Then, I asked the person: "Who is Bowman?"

Their reply: "A ghost"

So then I find myself standing in one of the bedrooms, looking towards the door, which is open.

Suddenly, I hear this very rapid pounding, like something running really fast, pounding its feet. Very quickly, I see a small baby - maybe 8 months old - come scurrying around the corner of the door on all fours.

It keeps speeding towards me, until it reaches my feet - but it doesn't stop there. It scurries all the way up my legs, up my torso, until it is clingly from my chest. Well, since it is a baby, I sort of hold it so it doesn't fall.

Then, out of no where, its head just starts shaking very fast, from side to side, front to back, very violently, all the while it is babbling words, in a deeper voice than a babies, very fast. No cooes, and giggles...but actual words.

I never could figure that deam out.
  23. Pixarian macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I fell asleep in my TV room the night before Saddam Hussein's capture. I left the TV on MSNBC the whole night by accident. I, of course, dreamt the whole ordeal, it was extremely realistic, and when I woke up (the TV was turned of by my parents) I thought it was real for a while. I told my mom "I just dreamt the Saddam was captured!"

"he was!!"

24. leekohler macrumors G5

Dec 22, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I would tell you, but I turned mine into a script.