I just had this wicked idea...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by macgfxdesigner, Nov 30, 2004.

1. macgfxdesigner macrumors regular

Wouldn't it be really neat if you could use your powerbook display for your G5, meaning say you have a powerbook a new one and a new G5 , the g5 is at work, but you don't have the money to purchase a cinema display so you use your powerbook display for your g5 and when you go home , just unplug it
    ....any comments on it the idea

Matt

2. advres Guest

advres

If you have a G5 at work isn't your company supposed to spring for a display? I know I certainly wouldn't buy a display to bring to work that is unless I worked for myself. ;)

Or... am I completely missing your point here?

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

So I've got enough cash lying around to pick up a new G5 and a new PowerBook, yet I can't scrape together a couple hundo for an inexpensive LCD display? Not a likely scenario.

Besides, it would require Apple completely redesign the PowerBook video interface, since there is no video-in, and no easy way to hack one.

I suppose if it were indeed possible, it could be an interesting concept, though. Similar to discussions of using iMacs as external displays as well.

4. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

it would make much more sense to use the display on your old iMac with a new PM or something with a faster processor. its a waste that the iMac monitor must go as soon as you think your G4 is too old.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Thanks for the great information!

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sorry about that, datafatmunger and emw. I fixed my post.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

Thanks. Me too. I've got two sick kids today, so I'm a little on edge ;)