I just noticed this about the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonskovsky, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

Safari page refreshes don't happen nearly as much. In fact, I haven't seen it happen at all! Whereas when I had the 4, you could only do one website at a time basically, the page would always refresh.

Now I can post in 8 threads at once!

2. macrumors 6502

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

Well, now you know I gotta test it. That was one of my main complaints about the iPhone was that I'd be (say) typing a long paragraph and I wanted to go do something else and pretty much I could only do one thing at a time because the pages just kept refreshing and refreshing.

I haven't seen it on the 5 though.

4. macrumors 603

Menel

5. macrumors 601

Tapatalk 2 just came out today; it's awesome :D

6. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I don't remember this refreshing thing ever happening to me on any iPhone, at least not in a way that would make it one of my main complaints. When you write "the pages," are you talking about mobile MR forums or just any web pages?

Or it came out 18 days ago...but was pulled from the App Store by the devs because it wasn't awesome. It was re-released this past Saturday and is so far more awesome than it was 18 days ago.

7. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

I have always kept a distance to Tapatalk. I'll look into it.

8. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I do remember on my 4 and 4s that if I had more than 4 or 5 pages open, when I switched between them, it would reload the pages often. I don't know how many you can do on the 5 with stock Safari but I've gone up to 8 tabs now regularly and I've never once had it reload a page yet.

9. macrumors 601

Haha oh dear! I only got the notification from it today. It seems great now though so that's the main thing :D

10. macrumors 6502

jrodsep

May I ask why you kept your distance from tapatalk?

11. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Well I have always used the bookmarkfunction on safari so it has never been useful but just a day ago I noticed my iPhone 5 is not liking bookmarks for some strange reason. Or its me being paranoid again but I think its making some software interference. "Lag". Ye I know it sounds silly but hell..

And then theres the price factor. Tapatalk has a price. Bookmarks hasnt.

12. macrumors 6502

jrodsep

IMHO the new Tapatalk 2 app is great and works very good. Plus it is .99$ on the store right now.