I just ordered a 12" Powerbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 3lions, Jun 14, 2005.

1. 3lions macrumors member

Finally after 10 Months of saving/waiting I ordered my first laptop. I'm so phsyced right now :D :D :D

2. gamestriker macrumors regular

I did the exact same thing you did. It feels great doesn't it? It will feel even better when you get it. I just saved up and bought RAM for mine too. It should arrive today! Its a 1GB stick for <$200; here is a link for the one I got - http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Samsung/27SAMSO1GB/

All I want to get now is a cheap LCD for it for when I'm working at home on my desk.

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

4. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Welcome to MacIntosh.

Congrats on the new buy. You will find it very rewarding after such saving discipline.

Mike

5. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

6. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

7. deetschei macrumors member

Thats fantastic! I think I've finally talked myself OUT of waiting for the iBook update, and INTO buying a powerbook. With the EDU discount and the 100USD rebate, it's really not so bad...except for Applecare...

8. AnewMac macrumors regular

I just recieved my 12" last week. It is awesome. I got an airport express as well, now I am not confined to one room. The 12" pboo, is just stunning. I can't count how many compliments I have recieved since then. Have fun with it.

9. 3lions thread starter macrumors member

10. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I thought Hyundai made cars....interesting!! I got a 19" Acer LCD from Pricegrabber for about $250, 1280x1024 resolution, it's plenty big. It is more money, but it is bigger.....

The 12" is the bomb, I LOVE MINE. The size is perfect, the power is Apple...can't say enough about them, it's a terrific Powerbook, you'll never ever look back.

11. artea macrumors newbie

Good decision. A two-month wait is long enough for me. When you have a need to replace a broken laptop, there's no better reason. I had a 15" Fujitsu laptop. I don't miss the less screen space at all thanks to Exposè.

The only thing I do miss is my old games that runs only on Windows. I suppose I can have someone build me a gaming tower for that purpose. I'm having fun with computers all over again thanks to Apple.

I also recommend the memory upgrade. Got 1gb module from crucial.com
    with a small rebate coupon and free shipping. Bought powerbook for simply
    the Mac OS X experience; well, mainly iTunes, GarageBand and Logic Pro.

Aloha and have fun.

12. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

If you can, post the box opening ceremony. For some reason, I always love see them.

13. 3lions thread starter macrumors member

box opening ceremony eh, you mean step by step details and pictures? I'll try and remember if the shock doesn't overcome me!

14. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Awesome, congratulations! I bought my 12" Powerbook more than two years ago, and it continues to serve me well, seeing more use than any of my other computers. Even though Rev B came out right after my purchase, I have never regretted buying at the moment I did. Hope your 12" PB brings you as much productivity and fun as mine has to me.