I just purchased a Spanish wireless keyboard unintentionally...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 150hp, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 150hp macrumors regular

Hello, All-

I was driving around Green Bay, WI on a day trip & came across a resale shop I had never visited before. So I go in & it was cavernous. Just kept going & going &... Anyways, I finally stumbled upon a bin with old computer parts in it: network cards, vintage software, all Windows junk. But I kept digging hoping to find something Mac related. Well, at last I noticed the all white keyboard tucked up sideways, wrapped in shiny plastic. I pull it out & here it is a mint wireless keyboard. Latest & greatest for all of $2.00. Wow. I had to buy it. My wife had to go to the car to get some loose change so I could have my new & useless toy as my vintage iMac is not bluetooth equipped. So I am thinking why is this $59 keyboard only $2. Maybe it is dead. But even then, maybe I could make my current keyboard into a checkerboard style or disassemble it to make lapel pins with the keys which is what my wife does with old typewriters.

I get home with it & start to check it out. I put some batteries in it & the lite flashes trying to make a connection which is a good sign. I am looking at it closely & notice the help key reads "ayuda".:confused: & then i see there is an extra "Ñ" next to the "L". Then it hits me, I have a western spanish layout keyboard. All those times of building my dream Mac in the online Apple store & seeing the keyboard choices. & now I actually have one.

I don't even know anyone with a bluetooth mac to even test this thing to see if it is fully functional. I might put it up on eBay. Not sure right now but I just had to share.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Spanish lesson of the day: Ayuda = help :). That's a really freakin good deal to get a bluetooth keyboard for $2, unless it doesn't work, but even then it was only $2. :D

3. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

id still use it..
    i dont know spanish but the keys wouldbe in the same spots

4. charkshark macrumors member

charkshark

5. California macrumors 68040

California

I had a french keyboard for a powerbook. (It was off a French powerbook...)
    You program the keyboard for English and it should be fine. The problem with the French Keyboard is that it actually had some different keys, and different symbols -- you needed to remember what was on the US keyboard layout to use it properly. The Spanish keyboard should not be a problem, because I don't think there are too many different accent marks or symbols or keys that differ from the US. Just program it for US keyboard layout and use it. Can't you get a usb bt dongle for the old iMac G3?

6. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

7. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502

GnarleyMarley

I'd buy it off of you. Those spanish keyboards are a little weird and take some getting used to. I had to use one for about 2 months down in Colombia over the summer. I miss all those little accent keys...:(

8. 150hp thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

So I was at work today when a coworker came in with a MacBook Pro. I instantly thought of my untested keyboard. My wife was able to bring it on in & we were able to find out that it is fully functional. Sweet.

My co-worker offered me $50 for it. I do believe its sold unless he doen't pay me on Monday.