I just received my PB, but i have a question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bangpow, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Bangpow macrumors member

Is it supposed to look like someone already opened it??

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

NO, unless you got a BTO in which case that is a possibility. :)

3. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

It will if you have added more memory, 128 VRAM, and/or bigger HD. But there should be a label informing you. That was what happened to my PB.

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Maya already answered, but cool web site BTW! ;)

I think the glory years of sports video games was 16-bit (Sega Genesis.) They're obviously much more advanced now, but no longer are pick-up-and-play. I don't have 3 hours a day to learn the playbooks and various commands/moves... :)

5. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad you got a chance to check the site out. Believe me, we are still fans of Tecmo Super Bowl, that game was groundbreaking on so many levels.

But feel free to stop by and hang out anyway, even if you just want to rap about sports in general.

6. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

Actually, my PB didn't have any notification that Apple opened my package and i am rather uncomfortable spending all this money to receive an obviously opened package.

so, I called them and they are having me send it back, but they aren't going to send me a new one until i receive mine!!

Man, I was soo excited too. :(

7. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I have gotten BTO, and never gotten a notification. Its just common sense that they have to open a stock product to make the changes.

Apple will say if the system functions as expected, then there is no reason to think otherwise other then what is already know in accords to a BTO. :)

8. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

Well, I could see if it was opened in an orderly fashion, but the whiate piece of material that the notebook comes wrapped in was torn apart and there looked to be dirt on some of the cords. Plus, i found a little slash near the top of the monitor.

9. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

All is now good. I shipped the PB out today, called Apple with the tracking number, and they are sending me a new one Next Day Air.

Let's hope this one's not opened.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sorry about your troubles and i hope this one turns out better, at least Apple is cooperating with you though and hopefully your new one will be perfectly fine

11. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

12. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, Wnameth.

I have the utmost confidence that my PB will arrive minty fresh.

13. Bangpow thread starter macrumors member

I just recieved my brand new, un-opened, 15' PowerBook!!!

It came a day later than expected, but i am very pleased with Apple's service in the matter.

Now i can go home and play after i get out of work!

14. mxpiazza macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

sometimes applecare can be really annoying, and sometimes it may take longer than you think it should to get things straight, but i have never had an issue that didn't end up getting resolved... as long as you are under warranty, they'll do right by you; which is above and beyond anything i could ever say about any PC manufacturer.