I just sent a complaint to Apple.com

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Shrek, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Here is what it said:

What do you think?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

jeez. this is getting old..

first of all, it's not 5000 for a high end machine. you can certainly get the high end at around 3500.

secondly, people will pay for it. granted, i'd love to see a lower price and more speed. but get over it. it's not happening because a couple people complained

i'll say it again, i'd love to pay 10 bucks for a bmw... guess what, no matter how many letters i send em, i don't think they'll drop the price for me

why are all your threads about letters complaining? stop bitching already

3. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

I imagine Apple will when their market share is dwindling. Their gonna have to do something. :rolleyes:

4. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I can see apple's response to that email now...

They click on the email and then click "delete"

:D :D :D :D

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

we all know that in general macs are more expensive. and we all know they're a bit or more behind in speed and some other features (though ahead in some)...

that's how it's been for a while. i don't know the numbers about how the market share has been lately. but i bet it's been dwindling at the same rate for a year or so now. if they haven't dropped the prices yet, i don't think they will

it's been said soooo many times before. apple's market is a niche. just like a bmw or whatever other high end car market. they dont expect to sell the most computers/cars. so they charge a bit more. and they sell quality.

so get over it already...

it's one thing to discuss it but to complain about it over and over... it's annoying

6. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Now that's just speculation and I'm not going for it. :mad:

If enough people send them complaints about it, I bet your a$$ they'll lower their prices! :D

7. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

No! I'm not gonna stop complaining. It's just my opinion. :p

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

but to send them email after email. and then to post it here... it's just dumb.

but i see you are thickheaded. oh well

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i was looking at puters at the local staples store, and they had like a dozen compcrap puters on display, from $900 CDN (w/o monitor) to $2000 CDN (w/o monitor), lots were pretty good specs, but they only supported from 512 megs of ram to 1 gig, and lots of other crappy stuff ;), so the powermac is a good choice....duh! lol :p

10. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

That is nothing compared to $5000 (w/o monitor). :p

11. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Shrek has only been around for a few weeks and needs to get this out of his system. So we will be kind and lay off the flames.

Heres the deal kid, Allthough certain pieces of Mac hardware are overpriced in my opinion (crt imac) Apple will not axe their prices to the degree you ask.

Major computer companies such as IBM, Compaq, HP and Dell do not have the research costs and quality standards that apple does... therefore they buy things cheaper and at higher volume. Thus the clear plastic on your G4 and titanium on a powerbook cost alot more than the grey crap on a presario.

Also, the profit margain of a HP computer is only 60 - 75 bucks... they make up for it with their volume and extra crap (ink cartridges, consulting, services, accounting fraud, and servers) Apple may make a larger margain but doesn't invest the effort into printer sales and global services... they just make better computers.

I understand your frustration.. but the best analogy is still the BMW (or in my case a cadillac) one... I could go buy a piece of crap saturn and save some money.. but i would rather pay the extra money and have some style, quality and innovation. Take pride in your tools bro.. or else you wont take any pride in your work.

good times.

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

thanks doc.

i couldn't have put it better. and, well, i didn't.

13. swahilibill macrumors 6502

Re: I just sent a complaint to Apple.com

What the **** is that matter with you people. Get the **** over it!!!!!!!!!!

Stop bitching, if you dont like it, dont buy it, ****ing nuts people. And it not 5 grand for the powermac, stop smoking a get a ****ing life. Apple does not give a ****, get that in your head.

14. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

no prob. thats why i'm here. the ladies always say im a cunning linguist :)

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

16. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Re: Re: I just sent a complaint to Apple.com

Now stop that flaming! :(

17. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Re: Re: I just sent a complaint to Apple.com

um.. yeah... that helps. heh

18. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

I have a hunch. . .

So does the PowerMac compare better with PC workstations than PC desktops? Is that why their so expensive? :rolleyes:

19. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

i guess you could say that... especially with dual processors, they can be considered the equivalent of PC workstations.

by that standard I would call the iMac a desktop and the Powermac a workstation

20. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Figures. Why didn't I think of that hours ago? :p

21. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

everything makes more sense at 2am :)

22. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

1AM here. 1:20 actually.

I guess that makes the PowerBook a mobile workstation/desktop replacement, eh? And the iBook, well, just a low-end notebook I guess. :rolleyes:

23. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

24. merges macrumors member

shrek, a word of advice. if you want to be taken seriously, put as much care into the quality of your emails as possible. for one thing, do try to know the difference between their, they're, and there.

their: belonging to... (their computers, their prices)
    they're: they are... (they're going to have to do something)
    there: location... (it's over there) or existence (with "is," there is a computer)

someone at apple will likely read your email; if you present coherent, logical points supported by reasonably factual arguments, you might even get a significant response.

25. sinbushar macrumors regular

ummm..guys

yah..i was in an apple store today and saw some guy walk out with TWO new powermacs, and a 22" display(possibly 23")...so i'm pretty sure apple knows what they are doing....powermac's are not made for a consumer...thats what you have the imacs for....powermac's are for people who understand the beauty of a mac....and going with the car comparison...look at pc's as japanese cars or american cars...(no offense meant, just pure facts)....and mac's as european cars....you got ford honda toyota vs. benz bmw porsche aston martin land rover bentley....i could go on and on:)....but think about it....and stop your bitching...if its too much...don't buy it...also...while i was there, i was told that they are selling the old powermac floor models...the 867 for like 1299 (the new dual 867 is 1699...don't buy the floor model..the extra 400 would be worth it) and the dual 1 ghz was 2199 i believe...which is actually pretty damn decent....so anywho guys...its 2.47...and i'll be waken up early tomorrow to move my benz for my dads rangerover..and i have to wait for my sisters new pro mouse which she ordered with her new powerbook, coming next week (which i'd like to point out she is a full time college student, bu, and paying for this comp herself, with an apple loan...go her)

peace out

adel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.