I just switched my friend!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacFan782040, Dec 8, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

He was a Mac bashing Windows loving set-in-his-ways college student. And then I took him to the Apple store in Soho... And he bought a MIDI keyboard. He hooked it up to his PC laptop at home and it worked... well... it was Nothing like GarageBand.

Anyway, yesterday he's like dude I need a favor. He needed to borrow some money and use my credit card, and he wouldn't tell me what he was getting. Before I let him use it, he finally told me and i was like no WAY. He bought a 20" iMac... and it's on it's way from China now. I told him I was gonna set it all up, and I think I'm more excited about it than he is. Hahaha. Ok that's my story I'm done.

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Good work. I know a few people I can switch if I keep working on it, (also trying to broaden one person's musical tastes at the moment too, and have already successfully introduced them to a few bands/artists). Might be a little project for next year, how many can I switch.:p

3. achie25 macrumors 6502

I have switched 2 in the past month and I have another who is going to do it in january.
    I think Jobs owes me a cut

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I wonder if Dell users have switcher stories about how they got someone to switch from HP or Gateway to Dell? Or a Linux person getting someone to switch from Windows. The Apple customer base really helps Apple with sales more than Apple.

I am surprised CompUSA doesn't have a clue and make the Apple section the central part of the store and really showcase it. They would make more money from 1 Mac person than 10 Windows people if they treated Mac people really good.

5. themacmaestro macrumors member

Can I be your friend? I need some $$ too.

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I second that. ;) :D

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Awesome job MacFan782040! :)

About two weeks ago, I convinced one of my friends at college to buy an iMac G5 as well. Two less windoze users! Woo Hoo! :D :)

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

A friend of mine inquired about switching. She seemed open to it, but her father is pretty damn set against it, and she "doesn't like going behind his back". I told her to tell him that I'll take care of any support it needs.

9. Morn macrumors 6502

Linux users are often equally fanatical you know, heh. The idea of open source and free software is a powerful idea that many people get behind.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm impressed. Here's your white cloak and Apple badge. I'll show you the secret handshake later.

You're still quite a low ranking member of this cult, so your task now is to walk door-to-door in a white shirt and tell them all about your religion........."Apple." Then offer them an orange just to confuse the snot out of them.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Hey, no one ever showed me the secret handshake. :( ;) :)

12. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Congratulations, you get an Apple goody bag full of "I switched a Windows Freak" memorabilia, courtesy of Steve! Soon, he'll be a member of macrumors, and buying everything Steve puts out, just like the rest of us...

13. Jason Bourne macrumors member

Dude - congrats and all on helping a friend see the light, but honestly, it's not that hard to get people to switch to Mac if you pay for them to do so.

I bet I could convert hundreds of people if I used my credit card. :D

Anyway, I'm just giving you a hard time. Hope your friend enjoys his imac.

Oh - and just to add a little bit to this thread- I just plugged in my brand new Quad G5. Digging it!

14. jwp1964 macrumors regular

Forced switch times two....

Last January I bought my Dad an eMac to replace his ancient Compaq and Christmas morning my brother/sister-in-law will open a large package that holds a Mac Mini, 17" Sony LCD, Harmon Kardon Speakers and a MacAlly Keyboard and mouse.

If my brother/sister-in-law are half as pleased as my Dad has been it will be another successful "forced switch". I switched two years ago this month. :D :D :D