I just switched to Time Warner... Few questions remain unanswered.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KingYaba, Aug 3, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

Aug 7, 2005
    Up the irons
    Yes Comcast has now been officially replaced by Time Warner in our area. I thought it would be a bad thing, but I have gotten a nice speed boost in my connection :) But I still need somethings answered and they have poor customer support and I have been on the phone waiting for hours.

Among some questions (like price and crap) what is to happen to my comcast email address? WIll I have to change it? or will I be able to keep it. Will it expire soon since I don't pay that company anymore.. can you give me some insight on that? No one at these two companies are responding to me :mad:

Another question... why did comcast get replaced in the first place? this seems all to sudden.

plz help me.
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    After Adelphia went under in their huge scandal, Comcast and Time Warner each bought pieces of the company. Along with that, they also traded a few markets so that the companies ended up with service regions that made the most sense for both of them.

That said, I'm sure your Comcast e-mail address will at some point transition to a Time Warner address, but they're not going to leave you out in the cold. If they haven't sent you any information about it yet, I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I'd probably just send them an e-mail to ask about it and wait for the reply...no hurry.
  3. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Nov 14, 2005
    Danville, VA
    Yeah whats up with that, I live in VA, and we have Adelphia. Im pretty sure that it's owned by Comcast because we get CSN (Comcast Sports Net), but they are still using Adelphia's name. Is Adelphia completely out of business, and if so why still try to make it seem as though it's not?
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The sale was only completed this week. Only now do the buyers get to have the fun of changing all the names without confusing everybody. :)
  5. gonyr macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2006
    Niagara County, NY
    Here in western New York, we just got rid of Adelphia for Time Warner earlier this week. I had Time Warner years ago in another part of New York, and they were pretty good to deal with. Way better than the evil, money-sucking grubs that Adelphia was. I'm looking forward to the transition.

In any case, I got a letter from Time Warner about two weeks ago that said email addresses would remain adelphia.net for the time being but would eventually switch to Time Warner. When the switch happens they would automatically forward all mail to the new address for up to a year, and both emails would fully function during that time. Kind of a pain, but worth it to get rid of Adelphia.
  6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Adelphia's cable operation is completely gone...but since the sale was just completed on Wednesday, it will take some time to get everything changed over for you.