I just switched!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Willy S, May 20, 2006.

1. Willy S macrumors 6502

I just got a crazy deal on a new IBM R50e (440 euros new, with integrated graphics and black color) and I´m much happier with this laptop than my iMacs. I´m later going to buy a better workstation, but this laptop is excellent for word processing, Internet etc.

I´m simply amazed how good engineering IBM has done and it runs both cool (it isn´t even warm) and quiet but my iMacs are hot and noisy (heat and whine.)

I really don´t care about OSX anymore since it always comes with junk hardware these days. Apple used to make good hardware, but know they even don´t know how to apply thermal paste on laptops, which is a very basic hardware manufacturing and assembly knowledge, and one of the weakest links in the chain.

Apple seems to be in the business to make as much money as possible, I read in these forums, but I like manufacturers who like to please their customers with excellent and cool hardware and making good returns while they are at it.

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I'm not sure where you're coming from here. But if you're happy with your computer, great. I hope it goes well for you. IBM (Lenovo) does make a nice laptop.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

May you be content in your choices. Best wishes

4. wxboss macrumors member

wxboss

Yes, you need to find something that suits your needs. If this does it for you, then great. IBMs are a good brand of laptops (good quality).

I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

5. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! My history with computers have been nothing but trouble. First, I ran into viruses, over and over again, then I tried Linux and it wasn´t user friendly enough. Then I bought the iMacs and got rid of the software problems, but ran into hardware problems and noise instead...

Yes IBM has excellent record but Lenovo is still unknown. I guess IBM engineers have designed my copy but the latest models are designed by Lenovo and they might be different.

I just wish Apple would make such cool laptops and I´m willing to pay a price premium over the PCs since I like the OSX, but Apple needs to buy Arctic Silver 5 and apply it in small quantities.