Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Yeah, I guess copyrighted images would be a problem. I'll use pics of drums from people on Drummerworld Forum. And I'll record the sound files myself, from my own drums.

As far as ads though, I think we should finish the actual app first, don't you think? If you want to help with coding, that would be great, but I think I've got advertising all covered.

Ok, I think that we are all at the same level of coding: BASIC. writing an app together would be easier I think. BTW, I think that the rest of this topic between you, Superchild and me should be done via email or PM to avoid comments from other users that are against us doing this or are annoyed.

Regards,
David

totalbeginner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Ok, I think that we are all at the same level of coding: BASIC. writing an app together would be easier I think. BTW, I think that the rest of this topic between you, Superchild and me should be done via email or PM to avoid comments from other users that are against us doing this or are annoyed.

Regards,
David

OK, yeah, email works best. And FCP guy can help code, but we don't need the whole ad thing.

thevibesman

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Yeah, I guess copyrighted images would be a problem. I'll use pics of drums from people on Drummerworld Forum. And I'll record the sound files myself, from my own drums.

While you might not actually get sued taking pictures off Drummerworld, if it is not your photograph, it is not in the public domain, and you don't have permission to use it, it is still copyright infringement. Unless Drummerworld has some policy requiring all photographs posted to be public domain, I would ask get permission before you use any pictures.

I believe (didn't double check) including content in an app that you do not own or have licensed is also a breech of the SDK agreement.

totalbeginner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
While you might not actually get sued taking pictures off Drummerworld, if it is not your photograph, it is not in the public domain, and you don't have permission to use it, it is still copyright infringement. Unless Drummerworld has some policy requiring all photographs posted to be public domain, I would ask get permission before you use any pictures.

I believe (didn't double check) including content in an app that you do not own or have licensed is also a breech of the SDK agreement.

Actually, I was talking about asking them to give me good pictures of their drums. Not just taking them.

thevibesman

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Actually, I was talking about asking them to give me good pictures of their drums. Not just taking them.

Perfect, I thought you might be, but a lot of people I know don't realize that the act of creating copyrights it regardless of registration so just wanted to make sure you knew. As a musician/artist I try my best to respect the copyrights of others and am glad to hear it sounds like you do too even though you could probably get away with taking without asking--especially since you are hoping to make money off the app :)

Good luck with the app!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.