i know no-one can help but

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tjd, Dec 6, 2006.

1. tjd macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2006
    im just a bit pissed off at apple.
    i buy a macbook a couple of months ago over the phone, and they offer me an ipod for £100 off. so i get it as my other mp3 player had just broken, but i didnt really want to shell out on an ipod.
    so i wait.
    couple of weeks later the hardware arrives. with no mention of how to claim my £100 back.
    so i wait.
    over this period of waiting the offer expires (e.g. students can no longer get this deal).
    about a week or so after that, I rang apple about something completely different, and mentioned the £100 rebate. the guy says I have to claim it with a form which i print off the internet.
    so thats a good 3 weeks gone (at least).
    today I manage to find the form, and read that I had gone past the 30 day period for claiming.
    I know no-one can do anything about it. just needed to vent.
  2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    I think you got sut-off in your prime there! I agree with what you are saying and think I know where you are going to go with the story.

The only advice I can give is to keep ringing Apple and DEMAND to speak to a supervisor. If you are sure that you where not told over the phone to download the form then challenge them to find the recording of the phone conversation. I find that with Apple if you keep badgering them they will get through to you. Also DEMAND you get a full refund on your iPod to cover phone costs and inconvenience etc. Let us know how you get on! Good luck.
  3. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm going to have to disagree with that. I don't think you're in a position to demand anything. I in no way intend to scold, I've made similar mistakes myself, but it's on you for waiting and not checking and finding out.

But, there is no harm in trying to explain your situation and see if someone will be kind. If not, learn a lesson and move on.

At the very least enjoy the products you have and don't hold it against them. The poor little iPod didn't mean any harm.