I know this has been asked before, but...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bravesfan007, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. bravesfan007 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    #1
    I am 99% sure I am going to make the Macbook my first Apple purchase. I know that I want to do so before September when the student rebate runs out. I have been following this computer sinced it was released, and have noticed that there have been problems with it. I know that since it is a Rev A product, there will be bugs and other quirky things to work out. However, my question is how long is the wait usually for Apple to put out Rev B products. I know that if I wait and wait and wait and never buy the computer because of the chance of it being upgraded as far as specs, I'll never buy the thing because technology changes over night; however, what are the chances of Apple putting out an revision of the Macbook before September. I am prepared to purchase now, but would prefer to wait until September to see if a revision would be made. Is it probable for them to revise it so soon?

    Thanks,
    --bravesfan
     
  2. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #2
    Apple might release a revised product at the WWDC in August but that is merely speculation. Any revisions here would be small upgrades/updates. You can most likely count on a serious upgrade in January when the new version of OSX (10.5 or "Leopard") is expected.
     
  3. MonkeyHugger macrumors member

    MonkeyHugger

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2006
    Location:
    Birmingham, England
  4. savar macrumors 68000

    savar

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2003
    Location:
    District of Columbia
    #4
    I believe that small revisions are made through the lifecycle of a product, even if each minor revision doesn't warrant a press release or mention at macworld expo. If you wait until Sept. I'm pretty confident that you'd have a slightly more refined MacBook -- no major design changes but probably a few changes in parts sourcing, etc.
     
  5. A is jump macrumors regular

    A is jump

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2005
    Location:
    San Francisco, Ca
    #5
  6. MonkeyHugger macrumors member

    MonkeyHugger

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2006
    Location:
    Birmingham, England
    #6
    That seems kool, could be true as how long it takes for new revisions to get into stock in stores.

    But also, when is there going to be like an updated version. You know, when they up ram and standard and stuff, someone said august at some conference? :confused: Any rumours along that front? Dunno wether to wait or not.
     
  7. bravesfan007 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    #7
    So in other words, I should probably just hold off and wait, which was my original thoughts anyway. I was just going to hate to wait until then, order it, and then see a new revision of the macbook be out. Oh well, I guess we shall wait and see.
     
  8. count chocula macrumors 6502a

    count chocula

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    Location:
    noun. a particular place or position
  9. bravesfan007 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    #9
    but why, I don't really need it...I think it's more of a guessing game.
     
  10. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    #10
    See below.

    Hop on the waiting train! Yeah!

    Join my army of kittens!
     

Share This Page