i know why apple is making reference to star trek

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by setanor, Jan 4, 2002.

1. setanor macrumors newbie

and it's not an x86 port of OSX!

there's this episode of star trek called "the apple" from the 1960's... here's the plot summary

"An Enterprise landing party beams down to an edenic planet, where Kirk discovers that the people living there are still primitive, all progress held in check by an enormous ancient computer known as Vaal, which also demands sacrifices of food by the natives. Vaal detects the Enterprise in orbit and begins to drain it of its power, and Kirk realizes that he will have to destroy Vaal to save the Enterprise, but the surface dwellers' lifestyles will be changed forever if Vaal is removed."

think about it.. an enormous ancient computer which demands sacrifices from it's users. and the small group which will save the masses from this self-destructive cycle... or perhaps they ARE referring to an OSX port in this case... hmm...

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

you know way too much about star trek,

besides, that's kind of a crazy idea. i don't think that will happen, especially the whole star trek thing

3. setanor thread starter macrumors newbie

ok.. one thing.. i've never actually watched startrek, but a nice search on google can help one out with that matter.

other thing, i'm just thinking that it had some similarities to the mac/pc world.. that apple would have to "destroy" the pc with some killer hardware. i dont know.. 3 THz G8's?

4. GigaWire macrumors 6502

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Amazing

it was right there in front of us the whole time :)