I life 06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yoshiii, Jul 5, 2006.

1. yoshiii macrumors member

Hello I have a Dual 533 G4 with 1 gig of ram and was wondering if that is suffient to run Ilife 06. It has GForce2 MX video card. The main things I want to use is IPhoto IMovie and Garageband.

Help

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

You can see all of the system requirements here. Your computer should be able to run them adequately, considering you have the 1GB of RAM and the Dual Core processor. I just wouldn't be expecting any breakneck speeds though.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That graphics card will not fully accelerate all CoreImage effects so some of the iPhoto adustments will not be available.

4. yoshiii thread starter macrumors member

So if I upgrade to a better video card will that be better? If so which one and since I have a dual 533 does that meet the requirement of having to have a 1 ghz g4 to use Imovie and Idvd HD?

Help

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You only need a 1Ghz CPU for HD video. You will be able to use SD video in iMove HD. iDVD claims to need a 733Mhz CPU flat out. You might get it to work on a dual 533, but it will be border line.

You would need one of the cards listed here for iPhoto to make all effects/adjustments available. This may also effect some parts of iMove, I'm not sure.

Basically your machine is border-line in terms of support. Don't expect anything to be fast!

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

As it has been stated, you should be able to run iLife '06 on your Power Mac G4 yoshiii , it just will not be overly speedy. :)

And yes, a new video card would help out- as long as it it one of the ones pointed out by robbieduncan.

7. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Use Pacifist.

And don't hijack threads. And actually type your question in so as I can quote it!

9. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

Sorry about that, seems like I clicked the wrong button. ;)