I like Uni already!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kretzy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Uni doesn't start until next week, but I already love it. To start with, I got my timetable yesterday and it's great - Monday's off, no classes before 11am and only 1 class on Fridays (I'm going to turn into such a bum). :D Have already met some really cool people. There's this library that has DVDs, videos, XBox and PS2 games and consoles and beanbags that we can use any time. And most importantly a Bubble Tea outlet (mmm, green apple with pearls) and a really good sushi place.

Only bad thing is the $400 I have to spend on textbooks. :mad: I'll get over it, especially if the 'rents chip in a bit.

Any tips out there to get the most out of Uni?

2. itgoesbuzz macrumors regular

Yes college is great, one semester i spent $700 on books (thanks to physics and organic chemistry) but other than that, its been beautiful.

3. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

May i recommend drinking heavily?
    Seriously though, dont let the classes become a drag, even though that is what you are really there for. I learned as much if not more in my undergrad years about life than about my profession. Go out, party, get involved in things and basically have fun while not flunking out. :D :p

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

The best part is at the end of the semester when you've forgot about spending $400 and you resell them for $100 to have a good party to celebrate surviving. :D

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I love college life. Especially since you get a lot of things free around town usually (free being used loosley because you are paying but when you dont have to pay up front you feel like its free). This may not hold true everywhere but I go to college in a college town so buses and many things in town cost less for students. What Uni are you going to?