I live in Europe, can I buy an iPod Nano in US?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sniv, Oct 7, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Hello

Silly question but I want to make sure. I live in Europe and I'm going to New York soon...can I buy an iPod Nano in NY and still use it in Europe. There is no limitations, right?

2. macrumors 601

cambookpro

Pretty sure there aren't any. Not like an iPhone where it's locked.

3. macrumors 601

ftaok

You shouldn't have any problems at all since iPods no longer come with AC adapters for charging. As long as you have a USB charger, you should be fine.

One thing to note is that European iPods are have volume limits whereas US ones don't (I'm pretty sure this is the case). Not sure how the laws are where you're at, but you may have issues if you try to sell it and the buyer blows out his eardrums. Not sure how litigious Europeans are ...

4. macrumors 68030

You would be silly not to mention that it is volume unlocked if you come to sell it. You would get a little more for it, just for that fact alone.

5. macrumors 601

ftaok

+1 to you

Perhaps, but I'm used to the sue-happy mentality of the US.

If this were the law in the US and I sold a grey-market device that had the loudness feature, I'd fully expect to be sued, even if I told the buyer that the device could do that.

But you're right, Europeans would probably pay more for a US iPod just for the loudness potential.

6. macrumors 6502a

sinser

US iPods are the only ones I would consider, since the european ones are sadly volume handicapped. I live in Italy and bought my first one in S. Francisco, now I just got me a new iPod classic from an american ebay seller.

7. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies, guys :)