I lost 6" and 4.2 lbs. Thank you Apple.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by djuzi05, Sep 10, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2011
    My new MacBook Air came in today (11" i7/8/128) to replace my mid-2010 17" Macbook Pro. The Pro will be delegated for work and left in the office. I love this little guy, and it's nice to finally use the Airplay Mirroring function. I can't get over how thin, light, and snappy it is.

2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 5, 2010
    Congrats! I went back and forth for almost half a year on whether I should get the 11in, eventually getting the 13in. Fairly certain my next laptop will be an 11in Air
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2011
    Also, if anyone is looking for a sleeve to carry an iPad along with an 11" Air I found the perfect one: Incase Terra. It's nice to have together because I can hotspot Verizon LTE from the iPad.

4. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    I always thought the bigger MBs with lots of metal around a relatively small KB look kinda weird.
  5. macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Now you mention it, they do...I have a 17" MBP and the 13" MBA, but I'm not about to part with my MBP anytime soon....I need the real-estate and the rMBP just isn't for me. My MBP is only 9 months old so I got one of the last top spec ones made i guess...I do love my Air though....I reach for it more than my ipad these days....It's such a nice machine to use.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2012
    Congrats. The reduction in both footprint and weight must be really nice. It's definitely a great grab and go device, if battery life isn't too much of a concern.

I have my iPad in a Targus Versavue folio, and my 11" Air in a leather Sena folio case. When I travel I plan to get a purse-like Lowepro Passport Sling bag. With the inside square compartment removed it makes for a nice carryon rather than a backpack I think.
  7. macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

May 18, 2012
    Scranton, PA, USA
    I love that look. Wish I could have afforded one when they were new.
  8. macrumors newbie

Jul 30, 2012
    Where did you get that wallpaper you are using on your MBA?
  9. macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2006
    Congrats on the new machine, I'm ordering mine next payslip (same config as you!), can't wait. And I really like the case you got with it - very attractive. I'm holding out for the new iPad mini which would accompany my MBA, what a pair!

Have fun with the new machine!
  10. macrumors 65816

Feb 26, 2010
    Sweden & California
    Well there goes some of your weight/space savings right there.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2012
    I always had a feeling that every consumer laptop in the future will be 11 Inches. Because it's perfect already.
  12. macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2012
    Chicago, Illinois, Crooks County
    I Love the MBA 11" the portability is excellent.
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2006
  14. macrumors member

Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Yes I would love to know where I could get it too. As a student at UT, I should really should already have that and am kicking myself that I don't.

Hook 'em!
  15. macrumors 6502

Nov 27, 2011
    Long Island/North Jersey
    Its one of the default wallpapers in Mt. Lion
  16. macrumors member

Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Yes I am mistaken. He asked for the wallpaper on the mba but I'm still interested in the one on the 17" mbp OP
  17. macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2011
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I can beat that - a year ago when I sold my 13" Pro for an 11" Air, I lost 2 inches and three hundred pounds! :D