I lost Address Book when fire-wiring my hard drive from the iMac to the PB...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dirily, Apr 3, 2005.

1. dirily macrumors newbie

I recently bought a used Powerbook and made a deal to sell my iMac G4. I used the firewire cable to move my hard drives and apps to the Powerbook. It looks like everything worked... the only program that seems like it did not transfer over is Address Book! This is an application that I always took for granted... but when I checked the iMac I realized I had over 75 contacts in there.

Is there any reason why Address Book would be the only app that did not transfer over? Is there any way for me to install it? And, if Address Book did not transfer over, is there any other programs that also possibly did not go through the switch-over... I haven't had time to check each app side by side with the iMac.

Thanks for any help :cool:

2. thezanman macrumors newbie

Address book, among other things, stores its data in the Libraries folder. This is DEFINITELY a folder you want to keep when backing up, specifically, the "Application Data" and "Prefrences" folders (both inside of libraries). (DO NOT copy one Libraries folder and overright another though) The application itself is located on the first install cd, and can be re-installed manually if needed.