I lost my disc, how do i create a new one (photoshop elements)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by way2l84sanity, Aug 5, 2006.

1. way2l84sanity macrumors member

I am running tiger 10.4.7 and have photoshop elements 3.0 installed. I want to reformat my HD and reinstall this program but I lost the install disc. :eek: How can I make/burn a new disc that will actually install? I tried using the Backup 3.0 program from .mac. I also tried to use Toast titanium 7 with no luck. It says, it cannot open the program because of missing or incorrect personal data. It never shows the install window to enter serial number etc.. So I am assuming the install part of the program does not back up? I am not even sure it exists on my HD from the install disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

3. projectle macrumors 6502

Why not just do an archived install?

Insert your OS X Install DVD
    Choose Archived Install (it copies all of your settings, user data, programs, etc to a folder, deletes everything except that folder, installs, copies the data from the folder back to your installation)

Either that, or you can copy your "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", "/Users/*your_username*/Library/Application Support/Adobe", and "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.app to an external hard disk or CD/DVD.

Then, you just need to put them all back in the right places.

I may be missing a file or two though, so you may want to search in spotlight for "adobe" and copy EVERYTHING!

4. projectle macrumors 6502

The only other option is a slightly less than legal option.
    Unless of course you want to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 4.

5. way2l84sanity thread starter macrumors member

Additional info.

1. App. size is about 1100 MB
    2. Went to the Apple Store and they did an archive install, then they replaced my optic drive because it was going bad, but I've still had OS issues after the archive install
    3. Thinking of adding an additional internal HD (10000 rpm) and putting my OS on that, transferring other apps, and using my existing HD for back up (of OS and data) and storage.
    4. Slightly less than legal option? Might be willing to walk on the wild side. :cool:
    I have my serial number and the program is installed currently I'm just not sure how to get it onto a disc that will reinstall.