I lost my iPod... - Questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iHateWindows, Nov 26, 2005.

1. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

I lost my White 5G 60 GB iPod today... Since I can't live a day without having an iPod, I bought a Black 5G 30 GB. Since I'll have to order a new case and Invisibleshield, I have some questions.

InvisibleShield

1. Is it easier to use the Windex method of applying the InvisibleShield onto the iPod?
    2. Will it hurt my iPod?

Hard Cases

1. Is the Agent18 case scratch-resistant? Is it shock-absorbant?
    2. I am deciding on whether to buy a silicone PDair case, zCover, or wait until the iSkin comes out. I want to buy 2 colors: black and white so that I can switch between colors easily. Who should I buy it from? Which ones will still allow connectivity to the Universal dock?

Thanks

PS: I'm constantly refreshing this page so that I can get some answers and get on with my life.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I have an Agent18. It's a hard plastic, two-piece (front to back snap) encasing. While it protects the iPod from scratches, I'm not so sure about being shock absorbent. But, I would believe it's better than dropping an iPod without it. The only open spaces on the case are the top (where an iTrip fits fine), the click wheel, and the bottom. The bottom wraps around so the dock isn't usable, but the plug does fit fine.

Don't know much about the other options.

And, may I add, it must be nice to be able to buy a new iPod the same day you lose it! :cool: I sincerely hope you aren't using credit card debt to do so. My two-cents, been there and done that.

3. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Well since it's a 5g, wouldn't the iTrip have to go on the bottom (dock connection)? And since the bottom is wrapped around, the iTrip wouldn't fit?

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Sorry, I didn't consider the new layout of the 5G. I have a 4G, so you'll have to take my comments with a grain of salt until you can find someone who has 5G experience.

5. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

invisible shield

i used soapy water to apply my invisible shield to my ipod 5g, all the soap in the water does is lower surface tension to allow the shield to slide around while you are putting it in its place, do be careful with this though. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! i have seen some pretty sad invisible shield applications with soap bublles remaining underneath it. I cringe and im like OOOO u ruin the perfection that is your ipod....

and no, it doesnt damage your ipod at all, mine still looks like the day i got it,

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I used the prescribed method when I put one of my phone's screen, and I must say it came out damned fine :D

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

So you lost a new $400 iPod, and just bought another one...?!

8. iHateWindows thread starter macrumors 6502

1. Since I am a college student, I have an educational discount
    2. I lost a $370 iPod
    3. I bought a $270 iPod. I gave my parents my 4G, so I don't have it anymore.

9. deanwaterman macrumors regular

I suspect you will be much more careful with this new iPod won't you?

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know what you're thinking, and you just keep it to yourself. Yes, there was a balcony, but no, it was *not* breezy. :D

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how does one lose an iPod, don't you check to see if you have it all the time.... Stolen is one thing, but lost, you can lose a pen but c'mon an ipod.... i know its small but its not that small

12. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Why did you get a 30 gig instead of a 60 gig? Even though its $100 more, you could have waited a bit and gotten the bigger space instead of buying it THAT DAY. I mean, you could have used the good old walkman for a day...

13. iHateWindows thread starter macrumors 6502

1. I only use like 10 GB, so I don't need that much space... and battery time
    2. I'm currently boycotting Sony.

14. Scruge macrumors member

rofl why boycott sony?

15. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Because boycotting Sony is whats hot on the streets now a days!

:p

16. iHateWindows thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you been dead for the past 2 months???

17. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

hey, i love sony products, i think they're the next best thing to macs when it comes to aesthetics

18. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

(ducks)