Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I lost my iphone's receipt, (not iPhone 3G). I had bought the in January and I need to make use of the warranty. When I go to apple's website, one can see that my iPhone still is under warranty until january 2009.

Can I get the iPhone serviced in spite of having lost the receipt ??

Thank you very much, kind regards,

igmolinav.

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
When you take your iPhone to the genius bar they don't need any sort of receipt or anything... Pretty sure your serial number identifies everything so there's no need for a receipt, and your iphone's serial number is pointed to your iTunes account which should have your name on it?

I could be wrong.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Yes, that is what I did. I entered the phone's serial number in the following webpage:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

The result was the following:

1. Enter your serial number and country
Serial number and country entered.

2. Warranty information about your iPhone
Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on January XX, 2009.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on January XX, 2010.

If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Extend your service and support coverage for your product with the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Visit the iPhone support page.

The webpage mentions that it requires a receipt and I can't find it though. I am going to an apple store and see what happens. Hopefully, it will not be a lot of trouble. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you very much, kind regards,

igmolinav

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.