I lost Netflix DVD, help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tangerineyum, Aug 16, 2006.

1. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

I've been a netflix subscriber for a while because i am notoriously bad at returning movies to rental places. There are times when i go through about 16 DVD's a month with Netflix and times when i let a group of 3 sit there for weeks before i get around to seeing them.

I have lost one of the DVD's that i let sit around. Not the sleeve and DVD, just the DVD. Im going to continue looking for the DVD but does any one have any experience with Netflix and lost DVD's? Do they let you pay a reasonable amount for the DVD? I've lost movies before at traditional rental places and have had to pay upwards of 80 bucks for a replacement, is that what im looking to pay again ?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Just report it as lost in the mail, they allow you a few of those before they tag your account. I think you can tell them that you lost it and they will do the same thing, at worst i would think you would pay 5-9.99 which is what they sell most their used ones for.

Ed

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

$20.

and then if you find it and send it back, you get your $20 back.

Nice policy.. :)

4. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

Go to Report Shipping Problem and say you never received it. They allow a few "lost in the mail's" before they start charging you.

5. dbhays macrumors regular

dbhays

Yup, I did this too. One time I received 18 DVDs in the mail, all addressed to other people in my complex. I thought about keeping them (just for a moment) then I returned them.

By the way, how is your shipping turn around time? Mine is usually one day as I am very close to one of their distribution centers.

6. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

netflix is a great service... would love to see them stick around for years to come.... pay the $20.00 for the lost dvd, and when you find it, get your 20 back... ;)

7. tangerineyum thread starter macrumors 6502

looks like im going to pay the 20 bucks sooner or later, i wouldnt feel right reporting it as lost in the mail, and anyways i had the dvd in my possession for over a month already. it would have looked suspicious.

my shipping time is a day, i dont live far from a shipping center and i live in a city with an airport with by the US mail, ups and dhl. Anything shipped me from netflix, ebay etc, comes in a couple days earlier than most people.

8. tangerineyum thread starter macrumors 6502

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Nothing like the threat of having to pay $20 to heighten those searching skills... ;) :D

10. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Congrats on finding it.

Next time keep it in a safer place, yes? :)

11. tangerineyum thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I have to laugh at myself, Im a 20 something year kid. I have an Gamecube, XBox and PS2. I had always used my PS2 as a DVD player because i never had a proper one.

Well a few weeks ago I got a hand me down DVD player because my parents upgraded their home theater system. When i went on my frantic search i checked the PS2 and not the DVD player. It was in the DVD player.:eek:

Go ahead and laugh and point as i have some considerable cleaning to do after dismantling my room. :D

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It happens to all of us...the DVD player is invariably the last place you'll look.

13. Squareball macrumors regular

Right because once you've found it .. you stop looking :D

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, stuff can be lost going back to Netflix too. We lost a DVD that had been sent back. I think we finally got tipped off when two full weeks went by, and they still showed it as in our possession...

15. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Zing! Nice one! :cool:

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Speaking of Netflix, does anyone know if you can change your default shipping center? This summer, I was home in St. Louis, and since we have a shipping center in STL, DVDs arrived the next day. I moved down to college in Rolla, MO (hellhole) andof course, this town is too ****** to have a freaking Target, so of course, we don't have a Netflix shipping center. But now, my movies are coming from Kansas City. They take 2 days to arrive (NF ships on Mon, I get on Wed). STL is about 100 miles away, and KC is about 250 miles away. I'm pretty sure that if they came from STL, I'd still get them the next day. Anyone ever had luck with customer service changing it? All they have to do is look at a map and see how much closer STL is :rolleyes:

17. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I guess you could try calling and asking, it couldn't hurt

18. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

I've been with Netflix for a few years and I have lost a disk, and also have had disks lost in the mail. My advice would be to pay for the one that you lost. There will come a time when you need those few free ones they give you because movies do get lost in the mail.