I Love Apple!!! iPhone dropped in water....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ImAliveUK, Feb 3, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hey

I was cleaning the floor and my other half phoned - my iPhone was in my pocket and i took it out - and as i whipped it out, it flew out of my had and as i tried to catch it, it fell into the bucket of detergent!!!! ARGH!!! i nearly had a heart attack, like someone had killed my child!!

I fished it out and it was all slippery from the cleaner - and i ran to the tap and rinsed it quickly (about 2 seconds)whilst covering up the holes. May have been silly to do but i guess id rather plain water was in there rather than cleaning detergent.....

Anyway, long story short, i went to apple store about 30 mins later as the phone was doing weird stuff - you could actually see a drip of water slowly going down the screen hitting the buttons as it passed them and activating them, and they replaced it for me!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

:)

Just thought i'd share :)

2. macrumors 68020

JML42691

Wow, that is lucky, under most circumstances, Apple would not have replaced a phone damaged by liquid.

3. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I read in an earlier post...

that you can tell if the iPhone has been water "damaged" by looking down the headphone plug-in port, and if it is white = water damage, and black = not water damaged. :cool:

4. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I thought it was pink for water damage..

5. macrumors G4

skunk

You could always run it under a tap to find out. ;)

6. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah - they said that the couldnt tell - and winked at me!! lol. prob a one off, but i was still very thankful.

7. macrumors member

AMoeini

I am speechless. I had to kill them to replace my computer charger for my iBook G4 with 3 visits because it overheated. But I am extraordinarily happy for you. Keep your iPhone dry!