I Love Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mattthemutt, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

Wow. Apple is probably the best company I know. They make such great computers. All of my experiences with Apple Support have fixed my problems and have been very helpful. I'm not sure how many people are aware of this, but Apple offers a free day Camp for kids 8-12 to try out their products. There's also a video about schools coming to work on the computers and make projects on them. How great is that?
    Please post your feelings about Apple. :rolleyes:

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Wow, mattthemutt. Assuming you're serious, it's sort of nice to see someone not complaining. :)

And, yeah, 95% of the people here love Apple. With some, it's a complicated sort of love. And with that other 5% - well, they just haven't admitted it to themselves yet. Why do they Apple-bash so much? Denial? Methinks perchance 'tis true.

And we can love Apple and still think they make stupid decisions at times. No conflict there.

3. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I agree. The few times I've had to call support to ask a simple question I've been on for less than 5 minutes, and the guy (or lady) who answered was always someone who spoke English, not Eengleesh. (Ya, ya, me speek engiash, ya ya, now joo say we selled joo a comphuter? We no sells comphuters--that's what Dell sounds like) :D And all their Store staff seems to be very knowledgable and most every one was able to answer all of my questions, without pushing me too hard to buy something. Go Apple :cool:

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

LOL. My thoughts exactly. We southerners can’t understand Dell’s form of English ;) Apple is great company with great products.

5. mattthemutt thread starter macrumors regular

mattthemutt

Why is it that Dell Support people all sound middle eastern? Is the support center in India or something?

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Lots of places are outsourcing to India for tech support, etc.

My experiences with Apple support have been good as well, especially when compared to my experiences with GA Natural Gas, Bell South, or other places I've had to deal with...

While my experiences with Apple products since '87 have not been issue free, I am a satisfied Apple customer and Mac lover. I love the vision, the products, etc. I have very few complaints over the years.

7. 3-22 macrumors regular

Wait until after the honeymoon... Looking at your post it doesn't even look like you have a Mac yet. I still love my Mac, but I guess the love has died a little and reality has set in...

8. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

The tech support is something out of a dream. As I said in one of my other posts, I called up to learn more about the new GeForceFX 6800 and in 20 minutes I was talking to one of the engineers of the product.

I used to love Apple. After all the debacles, however, I see Apple as just another company. Some of them were just unforgivable. I root for them like I root for NVidia--because I distrust their competitors even more (though NVidia is more trustworthy than apple).

I don't like Apple hardware aside from the iPod and the Laptops. Other than that, Apple gets a satisfactory score.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I haven't had to use tech support yet.

But I can say that owning an Mac is a different experience from owning a PC. Having a PB 12" rev. B, people are amazed when I wake it from sleep ready to go.

I haven't had to really to get deep into the OS, a nice change from my Windows days.

10. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Including Apple, sadly...

11. mike412 macrumors newbie

are you joking!!!!???? please tell me you're joking. if you're not that is horrible. Well, so much for Apple's high customer service ratings in consumer reports along with more American jobs......

12. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Nope, not joking. The last time I called them, I received "tech support" from their call center in India. Basically, they gave me horrible advice. Luckily, I called back (as the problem was not fixed) and got an American on the phone (probably from their call center in Texas) who was more helpful.

13. Crikey macrumors 6502

I don't know if I "love" Apple. I'm grateful to them for making my favorite computer, which I would say I close to "love". I like the idea of a computer company that sets its own standards.

They, like Dell and seemingly everyone else, have offshored much manufacturing, first to Taiwan and more recently to China.

Off on a tangent, Symantec just announced that the contractor who ran a tech support call center for their utilities products here in Eugene, Oregon, has lost that contract. Who won the replacement contract? No comment. Are they in India? No comment. 210 people here got their 60 days' layoff notices.

It's good to see the development of a middle class in Asia, just scary to see the American middle class shrinking.

Oh, and Apple has a cool logo. I really liked it when it was rainbow-hued, but I guess the computers are better now. :)

Crikey

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

What you don't take your Apple on romantic getaways? Send it flowers on special occasions? :D

15. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I love Apple too. They sell such wonderful products that are a joy to use. They actually care about their consumer where as most PC companies do not. Anyone who does not love Apple has not given them a chance :).

Glad to see some positivity.

Best wishes,
    JOD8FY

16. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Now, that's just silly. My G5 is too heavy to take on a getaway (no offense to her, she's just big boned), and I don't have klieg lights by my desk, so there isn't enough illumination for her to see flowers with the iSight via iChat.

I do read her poetry, though.

17. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

LOL LOL LOL! :D :D :D :D :D

Bravo!
    JOD8FY

18. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Here's a tip to see that you will 99% of the time get an American English-speaker to help you: Look up the governement/business/education support number and call them. This will nearly always route you to the center in Texas, and they can still help with whatever you need.

19. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

That we are sometimes critical only shows we care...

Geez, is there something wrong with us? We're talking about Apple like it's our child!

That's really ridiculous, especially considering the fact that we are ITS children, having been spawned from it in 1976. :D :p

20. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Some people here may love Apple more than their children :p