Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenni8

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
CA
I don't have any slowdown...everything is lightning fast...its just the inability to rearrange full screen and desktops and the inability to have non-fullscreen apps on top that makes it less than ideal for a browser. I have calendar, terminal and mail in full screen tho.

Works great for me as well. My only gripe is that you lose the buttons to minimize and such.

Amberfool

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Yes I can. But a gesture is easier, and in Snow Leopard that was the way things worked. I don't like to go back one step, and stop using something new that I loved.

For all of you saying that Full Screen is good because it's supposed to be without distractions: I agree! Of course, it makes sense, and it's a great idea. What I said was that it's badly implemented. I don't always want to have my apps in full screen. I still want to have one major app per Desktop, though. I want one desktop for Safari, one desktop for Photoshop, one for Mail, etc... Now when I decided to make Safari full screen, what happens? It leaves its dedicated desktop that I only had created for Safari, and enters its own full screen desktop. So I have one more desktop to deal with, that's one more extra swipe, and I have a useless empty desktop that Safari left behind. Why can't it stay where the hell I put it, especially if there's nothing else running on that desktop?

The second thing is that you can't reposition them. What if I want Safari and Skype to be next to each other, because I'm chatting with someone about Quantum physics, while browsing Wikipedia, pretending to be smart? I can't! I have to swipe 5 times each time to get from Safari to Skype and back.

Full Screen is a good idea, it's nice, but badly implemented.
The reason it leaves the window and makes a new one, is because there might be other apps open in that desktop, so it would not make sense to full screen over them. If you intend as I do to for the most part keep safari full screen, then why not just delete the empty desktop? I do agree on your second point though that they should be re-arrangable, both the full screen apps and the desktops. Hopefully that is a feature that add to mission control in the future. ;) Personally I would also like if they made it possible to swipe past the last desktop to the first one, so that you did not have to swipe past all the ones in between to get there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.