I love how....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chosenwolf, Nov 3, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

6 months ago Apple couldn't figure out how to get an Double-Layer superdrive into a 15" MacBook Pro, and all of a sudden 6 months later, they "magically" fit a Double-layer write capability drive with 6x speed.

I think that this really sucks for our members who purchased a 15" CD MBP. :(

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I think it doesn't suck and that you're just sad that you got kicked off the pedestal of being top o' the line.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Presumably they didn't exist six months ago in the form factor necessary to fit in the MBPs. Now they do.

4. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Actually, I have a 17" MBP C2D on order, so I'll keep the title thank you very much. :)

5. mleary macrumors regular

Yeah innovation sucks... I was really hoping the rev. a MBP would be the last computer apple would ever release.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Well alright then. I've never owned a top of the line computer, only top of the line model of a computer that was behind the other models (iBook to Powerbook difference...) so I've never had to worry about any of these issues.

7. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Dude, it's called innovation. Or progress if you like that better. A year ago, 80gig 5G iPods were not available in the same size as my 60gig 5G iPod. Now they are. It's not that they had it all ready and done back then and they were just trying to screw me.....No, they innovated and engineered their asses off to figure out how to squeeze 20 more gigs unto the same platters. Sorry if I sound annoyed, but being an engineer, I get pissed when people act like mechanical components just "evolve" without serious ingenuity behind the ideas that drive that evolution.