I love my mac now

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ecodisk, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Ecodisk macrumors member

Mar 8, 2005
    Portland, OR
    and here is why. I had a hard drive that just stopped working on a windows PC the data got corrupted or something because the computer froze and when I restarted it..it couldn't read the hard drive. I tried formatting this drive with the 98 start up disk, by putting it in a windows comp as a slave, and useing maxtor disk utility tools. Nothing seemed to work. Everything would just sit there forever and say it was formatting the hard drive, but the hard drive wouldn't be doing anything at all. I decided to put it in my mac as a slave just to see what would happen. My mac brought up the disk utility and I told it to erase the drive. It had it fully working in 5 minutes. I think I'm ready to make the switch now. :D
  2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    lol nice story
    although mac are important for things more than repairing you pc ;)
    make that switch and dont turn back , you wont regret, it will probally be one of the best life choices you make
  3. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Happy for you, I´m surprised that it worked (but then again, I don´t know much about computers)
  4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    always good to hear a mac saves the day.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I've told this story before, but I pulled a 40g harddrive from an old Compaq that wouldn't boot - well, it would boot but try to read the disk to no avail. Former owner was told it was too full of viruses to recover. I mounted it with my iBook and an enclosure and read it fine. Then wiped it clean as an OSX Journaled external drive. It now houses my iTunes library.

Macs just work...c'mon over to the bright side!
  6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    Macs have a magical ability to expel Windows drive demons :)

* Edit *
    Figured I'd need to tell a story to justify this. I fix my roommate's bad drives all the time. Sometimes, I even save data from them, with the NTFS reading in Disk Utility. I don't know what Windows does to a drive, considering you can do stuff like make an NTFS drive out of a FAT32 drive, but can't change back, while with Mac OS X, you can turn journaling on and off like that.