I love my Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chibianh, Apr 27, 2002.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

You know that feeling when you first fall in love... with a girl? Yeah.. it's sorta like that... *sigh* :)

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

when i first saw the imac, i knew it lacked some features i wanted but i still fell in love with the thing

the orginal ibook had the same reaction from me

now i am jaded and i worry about every nitpicky thing and how it compares to other macs and the wintel world in general

3. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

I have read in your previous posts that you are fan of the original iBook... and I have to say that I really don't understand how you can feel that way.. but that's ok.. that's what keeps the world interesting. The part of it that I couldn't get past wasn't the appearance of it... I loved the homage to the eMate 300... they even made the speed match the 300 part! But I digress.. my beef with the original iBooks was the low res screen (800x600) and the embarrassingly small hard drive (3 Gig) Was your appreciation of the iBook based on the appearance, or what? Just curious :confused:

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the computer i had before it was a desktop clone which had a 2 GB hard drive and it had a 185 mhz 040 processor

and even though i had better resolution with the 14 inch sony crt, it was a crt and it hurt my eyes

so the ibook was a great leap forward for me

of course when the 4.9 pound dual usb ibook came out, wow - that would have been a great jump to 500 mhz and a 10 gb hard drive (and dvd, cdrw, or combo drive)

5. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: I love my Mac

Yes, but you have to admit that sex with a Mac is somewhat less satisfactory than with a new female lover! :D ;)

6. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

o yea babey

Not when the mac has been on all week non stop with that thing getting so hot and wet from all those CPU cycles and it needs a big man to cool it off, I mean ;)

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: I love my Mac

u know...I'm 700 miles from my lover/girlfriend...so I don't know recently what that like!!! :(

8. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

Let me see if I can explain, well see its like.....

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

10. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Heh heh... this thread is too funny :D

Just make sure you keep everything away from the fans...