I love my Macs!!! Massive video editing weekend with NOT ONE HICCUP!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sigamy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

I've created many DVDs of my home movies and photos but I just have to write about what I've been doing the past 2 days.

I needed to create 2 DVDs of home movies and pics for my kids' great-grandmother. At the same time, I've been wanted to get rid of a bunch of old VHS tapes that have been taking up space.

I've been up late the past two nights importing video from the VHS tapes. I've imported about 8 hours of video, one hour at a time in my G4 iBook. I then edit the footage on the iBook and then move my iMovie project to my G4 iMac with Superdrive.

I add iDVD chapter markers, send to iDVD and encode and burn. So each machine is being maxed out, the iBook is importing video from my VCR (via Firewire camcorder) and the iMac is encoding & burning DVDs.

I have created 3 different DVDs this weekend and multiple copies of each DVD. I'm throwing out old VHS tapes, saving space and saving the quality of my content. The home movie DVDs are awesome, Christmas movies, pics and songs. I have not have one error/hiccup/burb, let alone a crash.

Now this is on two differnet Macs, each maxed out for hours and hours.

It just works. I'm still amazed by my Macs, OS X and iLife. All I have to do is pop one of the DVDs in and watch my wife cry when she sees all the photos set to music. We are so lucky to have these tools.

I know that Win2k and WinXP are pretty stable these days but I can not imagine having this much success with a Windows machine. My "consumer-level" Macs haven't even tripped once this weekend. Again, awesome.

2. 3Memos macrumors 6502

I've got boxes of old VHS home movies that need to get converted to DVD before the tapes disintegrate. I am always at a lack of time. :eek: Perhaps one day I will get it done!!

3. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

This is the reason that I switched two years ago, I was creating so many silver coasters using a Windows box, I was blown away when I got a demo of iMovie and iDVD. Congratulations on your successful weekend.

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Thats why I love Macs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D thats ten big smiles for
    the iBook.