I love my New 17"...WOW

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Calvinatir, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

Wow is about all I have to say about this computer. I have been a PC user (as you can see in the picture) for quite some time as a PC tech at various stores and building them on my own. My friends ridiculed me so much for even thinking about getting an apple. When i brought it home, they changed their mind, many of them are even now in the market to get apple laptops. It was absolutely amazing; it make my friends $3000+ Dell look like it was from the stone age. I could not be more impressed with the operating system or just the aesthetics of the system on a whole. It is very clean, no nonsense stickers odd curves. I was looking to get the 16" VAIO until I went to downtown santa monica one day and happened to stumble into the Mac Store. I saw the 17" powerbook and just had to have it. Im actually now looking to sell my PC since it just doesnt compare. (Im anyone is looking its a Athlon 1900+ with ti4600, 512 DDR, 19" CRT, etc etc etc) lol. Just wanted to recommend to ANYONE looking for a laptop to look into the powerbook line. Im EXTREMELY impressed. Thanks Apple..

Attached Files:

• pb17.jpg
      pb17.jpg
      File size:
      92.8 KB
      Views:
  2. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    congratulations!!!

you will find some quirks and problems down the road, but trust me, the ride on this road is much much much smoother and more scenic :D

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

excellent choice! i'm also in the market... but i already am a mac user, so you got me beat.

welcome!

5. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

wish I had the cash for that.

I would completely switch but can't...I like games too much and Mac gaming doesn't cut it for me. So I'm a dual user but my PC only really comes on for gaming these days.

6. mms macrumors 6502a

Congratulations. I assure you, once you use OS X, it'd be hard to go back to WinXP (or go to Longhorn, whenever it comes out).

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Nice going. I'll bet the Third Street Promenade Apple Store is great.

You wouldn't happen to have a room to rent in Malibu would you? The snow here is starting to get to me.

8. mms macrumors 6502a

Oh, a post from Michigan. It must suck to be snowbound.

From sunny Southern California. :)

9. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Very nice! Great story! I am saving up to make the switch myself...Though 17" may be too big for me, I think I am aiming for a 15"

10. Calvinatir thread starter macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

lol

My room is currently 1100 per month (pepperdine university)...all inclusive though (food, internet, etc)...you're welcome to come! lol! The 3rd street Apple store is awesome! Personally, I dont think the 17 is THAT much bigger (size and weight) than the 15, i find it easy to lug around. I use the Brethhaven leather bag thing. Fits the 17 like a glove. Take care all

-Cal

11. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I know how you feel. I just switched a couple of months ago from an eMachines 433 Pentium II to the system on my signature.

All my friends want one. The PC I have to use at work feels like an Atari 2600 next to this thing.

I love this Mac!:D

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to OS X.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

OI! What's with the dust?! :p

Just messin', my 15" is much much dirtier. :rolleyes: